Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia’s Daijun Edwards rushes to Senior Bowl, hopes to score draft stock

SystemSystem Posts: 10,481 admin
edited January 28 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia’s Daijun Edwards rushes to Senior Bowl, hopes to score draft stock

ATHENS — Georgia leading rusher Daijun Edwards might have more to gain than any of the seven UGA players at the Senior Bowl this week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't quite put my finger on it, but I've always really liked Daijun Edwards and Marcus Rosemy Jacksaint since day 1. Maybe because they were less-heralded, but seemed plenty skilled (under rated?) to me. Maybe because they "stayed"... despite injuries, lack of playing time, and ultimately NFL eligibility the pervious year. Maybe because when the mic was put in front of them, they talked about their teammates and hard work put in. Maybe because at the root of it all, they're DGSs. It would please me to no end to see them both have solid NFL careers, as underdogs once again. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To add, they are both selfless and willing to do whatever the team needs. They also really seem to love the game. Watching Edwards slip tackles and Jacksaint block downfield were things of beauty to me. On a lighter note, I lost count how many times TV announcers called him "Saintjack". As far as the NFL, Edwards hopefully will get a shot. I know he will always play above any numbers like his measurements or in the 40.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope he gets drafted. This guy isn’t flashy but he was always reliable and is just a ball player. Knows how to find holes that other RB don’t see.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

2 very tough players. Edwards was a late addition to the class when a slot opened up. He was the mop up back for 2 years. He was the guy that UGA would hand the ball off to 10 times in a row when UGA had a big lead and wanted to run out the clock. Everybody in the stadium knew Edwards was getting the ball on a run between the tackles especially the entire D. He took a beating and kept coming back. Then kept coming back year after year until he became RB1. Not sure he is fast enough for the NFL but he is plenty tough. Hope he makes it.