Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Alabama’s Kalen DeBoer opens up on new-look Tide, changes coming

SystemSystem Posts: 10,558 admin
edited February 1 in Article commenting
imageAlabama’s Kalen DeBoer opens up on new-look Tide, changes coming

MOBILE, Ala. — Kalen DeBoer was comfortable shedding light on the immediate future of Alabama football at the Senior Bowl this week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 956 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 1

BIG CHANGES on the way for the Tide......starting with QB 1......I see Austin Mack replacing Milroe as Mack was signed by Debore to replace Penix and knows the system....he is also an excellent passer which will be the focus for the new Tide.....big mistake because, as I see it, Debore will not have the O-Line to protect Mack from SEC Defensive aggression and needs a scrambler like Milroe......likewise the RB's will struggle having few opportunities along the line save sweeps and end runs. Wisconsin will be a test that reveals just where Bama will end up.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 1

3 years and no SEC, or National Title, and Deboer will be looking for another job..

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 92 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like the confidence, but I think he has no idea what he is getting into. What is the old saying, "everyone has a plan until you get knocked int he mouth. Get ready coach cause this is the SEC and no transfer PAC12 coach will ever be ready in 6 months for SEC battle. All I can say is good luck and pray a lot.

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 92 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 1

IMO....Deboer was successful on the West Coast, for the same reason Lanning is finding success at Oregon.....He builds and coaches his teams, with the same focus on Physicality, Fitness and Character that Kirby, Nick, Dan and a few other successful CFB Programs.

The way I see it...It doesn't really matter what offense you run, if you have the "support pieces" and you can execute....and you have the "defensive support" for that particular offense.

I.e., having a great 3rd down defense gives you more opportunities on offense. But, a quick scoring offense will test your defensive depth. If you don't have the depth....a grinder style offense will be necessary to support your defense [keep em off the field, till the 4th Qtr].

From what I've seen....Deboer seems to be a deliberate man. He's no joke. He could actually have a chance in Tuscaloosa. It'll doggone sure, be fun to see how he (they) handle their 1st loss to UGA. Deboer's Achilles Heel may be on the defensive side of the ball.

Though he lost some "bigtime players"....I think he kept the nucleus, or core leadership of the team. Those guys ARE the "culture". And, keeping that in place mutes the loss of a few, that probably weren't all-in in the 1st place. I don't count Bama "out", by a long shot.

Bama's A-Game will probably be the most watched Spring Game of the year. Lol

• Options
    edited February 2

Lol....I don't want Bama to "sink" just yet, Navy. Let's, just put a few in Her aft hull...and watch Her sink slowly, while we smoke a cigar.

They're UGA's only real competition. I'd rather knock Ali out after his fight with Liston than after Spinx. Lmao....if you do it when they're down....nobody will remember. It'd be like shooting Jesse James or Wild Bill in the back.

• Options
    TXDawgFanTXDawgFan Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

I don't want Bama to have any hope. None, zero, zip! I want them hurting, injured, barely clinging to life at the very least. Never give hope to a wounded animal finding any strength or will to live. We should have learned that with this years Bama team. I want them barely breathing and we end their will to fight. To h@ll with that. Their fan base deserves misery and pain after the run they have had and the calls that have gone their way (2017 Tyler Simmons). I am not one of those that pity them in the least. I want them to rot. Im not one to give quarter the enemy and I am not one to “cheer for the SEC”. Go Dawgs and everyone else eat shite.

• Options

🤣🤣....hard to argue with THAT. It's gonna be a very interesting year...IMO.

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Never follow the greatest of anything. Only way to go is down.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I find the comment "everyone will have their own fingerprints on it" very interesting. Considering that it’s already been reported that Saban will still have an office in Bryant Denny, it makes me think that he is far less retired than it might seem at first glance.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 401 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He will be gone in three years. He almost gave the game against Texas away with horrible coaching. Georgia should beat Bama by 14 this year.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 375 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kind of odd (and maybe a bit annoying) that the last 2 articles on DAWGnation are about alabama.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THe game in September will be huge. Moreso for us if we win. Also, if we lose. We win, then the message around these parts will be the wicked witch of the west is dead (a figure of speech for Saban being gone)and everyone will celebrate. That **** on our back thing is gone! We lose and where do we go from there?

Then it's not about Saban anymore but about a school, a program, A school that lost their highly esteemed leader and still kicked our butts.(if that were to happen). Lot of sad faces on the forum then. Humility is just a game away. We need to remember that. Make no mistake, the pressure in that game will be on us, not them. THey will have a built-in excuse, we won't. We're supposed to have the GOAT baton passed on to CKS. THat won't happen with a loss to them in September. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    SR_JRSR_JR Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why is there so much material about Alabama on a UGA website!!!!

• Options

It doesn't take 3 years anymore. Lol...he could be fired before the end of the year, depending on how they look against UGA. Dan Mullen went from SEC East Champ and "sittin' perty" in September [2021]....only to be fired in November.

I think 14 pts might be a little low , just based on what i know about UGA. I really have no idea what Bama is gonna look like next year. I know they have the talent...but, do they have the "coaching"?.

They've been on the skids for a few years now, IMO. Saban managed to hold it together....but, I believe it was catching up to him. Frankly....I thought he was gonna retire last year.

As far as "Saban's office" on campus....I believe that's a standard practice......To give a tenured coach sanctuary after retirement. I know Penn St allotted Jerry Sanduski an office and privileges after he retired....and he was just a Defensive Coordinator.

I doubt there will be much interface between Saban and Deboer....unless Deboer asks for it. Hell....Saban aint gonna sit on his fortune in Tuscaloosa, Alabama , when he has a mansion in Florida with 40 golf courses scattered around it. A boat can only have one Captain. If Saban gets involved....it's "over" for Deboer....IMO.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I get what your saying and partially agree using the Jesse James and ole Wild Bill analogies. I see where your coming from and agree from That standpoint. But we have New rivals coming over the horizon. Texas for one. OK to has to much of a storied program plus they have $$ to stay down forever. LSU same thing, their gonna eventually start rising to. Others are also in the picture.

In my opinion our beloved Dawgs need to go into Tusker Loser and Stomp the Tide if possible. Set the New precedent. Make UGA the new King of the SEC and thus probably All CFB.

As some others have posted IF our Dawgs were to lose that game Especially by a large margin, Oh My Goodness the Fires would be Sky High in Bama !! That would send the message that not only did their Program survive losing the perceived GOAT, but are thriving and doing well. Then here comes the Best recruits flooding to Bama wanting to be a part of that.

No I want the reverse. I want our Dawgs to utterly Crush them !! So that our Dawgs Send The Message !! There’s a New King in town and his name is UGA !! I’m sure Hoping !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    edubbedubb Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Deboer had immediate success at Bama then maybe Saban was not the goat? Maybe he just benefited from being able to buy the best players?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Deboboer may lose his OC he brought with him to Seattle Seahawks.

• Options

Lol....I'm right there with you, on UGA destroying Bama on Sep 28. Never said, I didn't want THAT. That's a given in my view.

What I'm saying is....I would like that Bama Butt-Stompin' to be Bama's "only" loss. And, then....UGA DE-stroys em again in the SECCG on the national stage, where it counts the most. Bama would finish the year with 2 losses....both, to the Dawgs.

If that were to happen....Bama would finish with 2 losses and possibly make the 12-Team CFP. Setting up a possible 3rd loss in one season, to the UGA Bulldogs. Another record for Kirby....and, it would be against a Saban-built team. It wouldn't make up for losing 5 of the last 6 meetings....but, it'll come close. Lol