Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Where Georgia football roster sits from a scholarship standpoint after 2024 National Signing Day

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited February 8 in Article commenting
imageWhere Georgia football roster sits from a scholarship standpoint after 2024 National Signing Day

ATHENS — We’ve reached another made checkpoint in the offseason, as we’ve made it past National Signing Day.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have to say, that sure is a loaded RB room! So are most all positions.

You forget Mekhi Mews so soon Connor?

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He was a walk on and this article is about scholarships. But yes he was a very good contributor.

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

I could possibly see Arian Smith and Cole Speer in the receiver room and Hall and Miller on the DL encouraged to seek other options. The receiver room is pretty fat, but that would leave the DL room very young after the first four on the list above. Course those two DL'rs could be the next Davis or Carter.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A couple of casual observations.

a few of these listed are probably not on scholarship. Bobo, and maybe even Beck, Rateledge. Remember NIL can provide plenty of $$ to cover tuition R&B And I’m sure there might be one or two whose families can afford it. as UGA doesn’t release who is on scholarship

2nd thought. 18 offensive linemen!!! Seems like a bunch Sure I can see it. 6 scout team, 6 2nd and 6 first. But never thought about it like that.

• Options
    DawggieDawggie Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ Junior

WR room: Michael Jackson still coming?

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nick Saban was not plotting his revenge. He was told the truth by Pollack! We had had several players injured in last years SEC Championship and missed a FG. @Connor Riley do you believe the Alabama receiver caught ball on 4th and 17? Look I will support the Dawgs win or loose, but the officials missed the call on the Alabama receiver (Ball hit the ground and was moving) Well also in my opinion like yours If we had made the playoffs would have 3 NC in a row. We were healthy by the end of December.

I feel good about this upcoming season. Go Dawgs

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 941 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It seems to me that if we are going to cut 4 player to make the 85 scholarship limit.....DB's have the most upper class-men that I know little about/lack of game snaps thus far and is ripe with in coming and red shirt freshmen that I believe will out perform in practice the upper class-men. We are RIPE with experienced WR's and some very good looking freshmen....maybe time for an NIL rich senior to give up a scholarship???

And now my last observation......what the hell is it about DGD, CASH JONES......he seems to be the Rodney Dangerfield of RB's when it comes to the DN writers.......GEEEEEEZE guy's in 23 he had a 7 plus yard per carry average and was #4 with only a little over 100 carries?????? The rotation will be Trevor, Cash, R-Rob and Paul with "developmental time" going to Bowen, Frazier and Phillips......I have this feeling that Nate is the Dawg that will bark the loudest!!!!