Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football glad to have a confident competitor in quarterback Ryan Puglisi

SystemSystem Posts: 10,460 admin
edited February 11 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football glad to have a confident competitor in quarterback Ryan Puglisi

ATHENS — Dylan Raiola once again dominated headlines this week due to a back-and-forth between his father and ESPN commentator Kirk Herbstreit. For those who followed his recruitment, this is hardly anything new.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am happy with the way the situation with Puglisi and Raiola worked out. UGA gets a kid who is committed and steadfast. I watched a lot of Raiola's games with Buford and watched Puglisi's senior highlights. While Raiola has great touch on his throws, Puglisi's arm looks stronger and may be able to place the ball in tighter spaces needed at the next level. In addition, Puglisi seemed more able to run when needed. Puglisi seems more athletic. I have wondered why in the same month UGA gets KJ from Buford to flip to UGA and Raiola from Buford flips away from UGA. While communication with KJ heated up, did communication with Raiola cool off? With Kirby always tight-lipped, we will never really know.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Move ON! Starts with the writers.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd rather have a dedicated, committed QB like Puglisi, as my future QB, and team leader. Not an indecisive kid who has transferred High schools multiple times, and committmed and de-committed from 2 or 3 colleges already in his young life. That's not a very hard decision to make..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 11

I love this kid and sincerely believe we came out smelling like a rose recruiting him over Raiola. It seems like we have much better luck with the lower ranked QBs (Bennett, Beck, etc) than with the 5-star players like: Eason, Daniels, Fields and Vandergriff. I know they all left for various reasons, but I can’t name a single game we would have won (that we lost) had they stayed. Also, it’s certainly beneficial that we are having a good level of stability with our Offensive Coordinators. I noticed that Grubb just bailed on Bama yesterday. That means the Tide will have their 4th OC in the past 12.5 months. This development is catastrophic for DeBoer because Grubb was his OC at all 5 schools where he’s been head coach over the past 17 years. Grubb is so good that he was Saban’s #1 choice last year before Bama had to settle on Rees after Grubb rejected them. Don’t you all hate it when bad things happen to our neighbors 😉. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

I look at Dylan like a girlfriend that you just broke up with. Bye in case i never see you again.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think Puglisi will be a team player whereas Raiola seemed to be all about himself, the superstar. I'd rather have a QB who is into the how he makes the team look the one who is more into how the team makes him look. The team first culture is what sets UGA apart from the rest.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“He sees himself as a guy that needs to come in and develop under a system,” Georgia head coach Kirby Smart said on National Signing Day."...This Dawg Nation is THE KEY......you can have technicolor stars fluorescing from you toukus and if you don't process the aforementioned mind set you'll be just another wanta be......being that Georgia has The Best System in college football. a young man can do no better.....Pugs is one smart dude to realize this fact and saddled with his desire to be the BEST, and his natural talent..... I see Championships a plenty in our future ! As for DR and the Raiola Family......enjoy the fireworks from those fluorescing stars while they last, cause its going to be a long season in Huskerville.

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

I should never read another DN article on QBs that mentions the names Fields, Newman, Raiola or Maiva. They are 100% irrelevant to UGA football storylines.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

QBs like him (solid, dedicated 4+ star QB) are what succeed in our program. We've never been able to keep and utilize high profile QBs. Heck, even Stafford didn't do as well as he could've/should've at Georgia. I think we are VERY well set with our 3 current QBs.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Very glad we got Puglisi. Based on his film, he looks very athletic with a strong and accurate arm. Plus, he seems like a good kid. Ready and willing to come in and work to get better. As Conner points out, he comes in with a higher rating than Beck and Stockton had coming out of high school. Need it also be pointed out that he is much higher rated than the QB who started for a team that won two nattys? So at this point in time he’s the highest rated QB coming out of high school on the team.

While I wish Riola well at whichever school or schools he ends up actually playing for, I still think Puglisi is the better QB. An absolutely convinced, until shown otherwise, that Puglisi is beyond any doubt the better fit for our program.

• Options
    FloridadawgFloridadawg Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

im tired of seeing raole name tied to this guy. He is our qb now and the rest are irrelevant