Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

4 parting shots Kirk Herbstreit’s influence on Dylan Raiola flip

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited February 11 in Article commenting
image4 parting shots Kirk Herbstreit’s influence on Dylan Raiola flip

ATHENS — It’s hard to know how much Dylan Raiola would have played at Georgia, if at all.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    USMCDAWGUSMCDAWG Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Dylan who? Can we please just get articles about DAWGS! I could care less about Huskers. Isn't this DAWG NATION?

• Options
    edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

Based on incidents observed throughout the years. Integrity is not a word describing much in college football especially broadcasters like Herbstreit. After the fake budget cutting move to fire Dave Pollack who got great polling numbers by the way. And the clowns of woke broadcasters hired by ESPN since. Especially , Saban whom ESPN and a corrupt SEC officiating group tried to propel to a final NC so their unannounced hire would be wearing a crown when hired. Not the tired, haggard old man he actually is. Yes, I can say this as I am there as well. If not for being an old Dawg fan, I wouldn’t watch or care to watch the laughable scenarios these overpaid clowns put out there.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 11

But wait, "in case anyone forgot" from the above paragraph. 🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣. These articles are like 2-3 days apart, yep, we forgot.

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Agreed "SmartsTheMan". I too have NO problem with Raiola flipping. MG, none of your points matter to me, what does matter to me is that one of the major voices of college football is making calls, encouraging players to go to one school over the other. KH initiated the call, there is no backpedaling what happened. It's totally unethical. KH is not Peyton Manning, big difference and that's not even a good comparison. Peyton isn't the leading voice of college football and Peyton isn't the center point on every game day broadcast.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Herbstreit is one of the best television analysts in the business, if not the best."

One man's opinion and not an opinion shared by many.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 11

Birds of a feather…

MG, you have, once again, let your true colors fly!

I guess I should give you credit for that.

DawgNation and writers like you are on the way out, anyway, just like the reputation THE AJC has in the state of Georgia= mediocre and biased.

Love it how you are telling your readers to put something to bed BECAUSE THAT’S YOUR PERSONAL FEELINGS ON IT, instead of simply reporting and allowing your readers to make that decision.

What’s wrong, Mike? You do not think Georgia fans are smart enough to make up their own mind?

I harken back to the story and multiple articles you posted about a former Wake Forest QB who transferred, and the time and script of your articles in their message to your readers.

It begs the question: Do you know what the definition of a hypocrite is?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 11

Yet the articles about an "all me" player, that was NEVER a Bulldog at heart, continue.. Raiola moved to GA to play for Buford, and dropped several recruiting spots facing better competition, that says a lot. I'd rather have Puglisi, 7 days a week. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Raiola transfer again after this season, its in his blood.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 11

On MGs own words. LET IT

GO!’ we have the better qb.

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

I thought we drew a line under the DR debacle weeks ago.

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike, all you have to do is ask Herbstreit if he is calling Raiola a liar. Raiola said Herbstreit initiated the contact and it is as simple as that. If you actually did your due diligence as a reporter maybe you would get a little cred from your constituents. Not one fan that I know of doubts it was the best thing for Raiola to flip, but the scrupulous way it happened should cause pause and ask what roll a respected member of the media should have.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol....I just wonder how much ESPN paid DawgNation to run this cover-piece. Trying to get Dawg Fans to back off of their crooked "College Gameday Crew"....especially Herbstreit and Loudmouth. Lol....somebody ought to look into ties between some of those guys and the Sports Gambling world.

Wild wild west....remember? Anything goes.

And, fyi....this has never been solely about Raiola...or UGA. It's about the underlying corruption that raises it's head from time to time....only to be ignored and rationalized by National Media. If it happened with Raiola and UGA...and, it did...you can bet, it's probably happened before and will happen again.

The question is..."Is that okay with everybody....or, is it against any of the jelly-rules currently in place?." Lol...it just seems wrong...so, that's what I'm going with...for now.

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

I should never read another DN article on QBs that mentions the names Fields, Newman, Raiola or Maiva. They are 100% irrelevant to UGA football storylines.

• Options
    DawggieDawggie Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike, tell your co-worker, BA, to put the story to bed. Please! He won’t shut up about it…

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's better to move on from this now. I don't trust Herbstreit period. So, I don't care about it! Go Dawgs!