Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

4 things column: Carson Beck Lamborghini sign of times for Georgia football

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm betting..."He IS spreading the wealth". You'll probably see the the big'uns driving Hummers this summer. Compliments of Beck and Lamborghini, of course. Lol

• Options
    TransplantedDawgTransplantedDawg Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

Going to be tough to put this back in ANY kind of box. I’m a lifelong Georgia fan and even I don’t like where all of this is going.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is what it is I suppose. I don’t have a clue how there will ever be any real “control” if you will over this issue. Pandora throwed the lid off the box and is off dating a guy with allot of NIL.

Football both CFB and the Pros is very near being a religion in this country. WE the fans are the ones that empower it, and that’s whether we choose to or not. I think the vast majority of Dawgs fans and for that matter CFB fans in general would agree that NIL and the Transfer Portal have gotten way out of hand. But what to Do about it and be Fair to players, the schools, and the fans ??

I have No real clue. Oh I could toss out ideas, but would they meet the desires of those three elements, players, schools, fans ?? I doubt it. Like the age old saying you can please Some of the people Some of the time, but you can’t please All of the people All of the time.

So as just an ordinary blue collar fan, I suppose my only option is just enjoy the game as it is for now, and sadly watch it sink into the abyss. Won’t be much longer that CFB won’t even be recognizable to days past. Might be college sports in general as I saw only this morning where the NCAA pretty much gave in to transgender playing sports.

P.S. Don’t be riled with Carson Beck, he ain’t doing anything that Plenty of others have done with this NIL $$$. Keep in mind though he’s a man, he’s a Very Young man, and at that age financial responsibility doesn’t tend to be a strength. I’d probably do similar Even at My age if I won the lottery. A foolish man and his $$$ soon part ways !! 😀 Heck I’m Still foolish allot of times !!

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's a promo lease deal from the dealer.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"WE the fans are the ones that empower it,"_____@navydawg

Youhit the nail on the head. It's like a palindrome....both the problem and the solution, in one statement.

All we have to do, is....stop reading articles and posting comments....stop watching "commercialized football"....stop buying CFB paraphernalia. Just stop! For 1 month....at the beginning of CFB Season....and, their little world, will come crashing down, in a flood of reality.

That's what it will take, to get Congress to "move" and do it's job. "Will of the People", dontcha' know?. Right now....nobody is Manning the helm. That's where we...the People [Fans]...step in, to form a mutiny.

There's no "Showbiz"....without an audience. We stop watching and supporting...and, "Everybody", from the Advertisers & Vendors...to the Agents & Lawyers....will line up on the steps of the Capital, to express their "concern for the state of College Football". Lol

Hit em where it hurts....in the wallet.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The adage that I remember is: You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can never fool all of the people all of the time.

But if you are a politician you can lie to all of the people all of the time.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 15

"There's always been NIL stuff going on, it just wasn't legal." -Jimbo Fisher on recruiting in the new NIL era

I knew someone who went to college with Archie Manning and he said that after a game there would be hundreds of dollars on Archie's bed. Ole Miss alumni would line up to contribute to Archie.