Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Legendary Georgia Men’s Tennis coach Manuel Diaz to retire at the end of 2024 season

SystemSystem Posts: 11,029 admin
edited February 22 in Article commenting
imageLegendary Georgia Men’s Tennis coach Manuel Diaz to retire at the end of 2024 season

Legendary Georgia men’s tennis coach Manuel Diaz announced on Thursday that he will retire following the end of the 2023-24 season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

When I was in school at UGA, Coach Diaz was a tennis player. I was in the bleachers on the hill above court 1 during the infamous streaker match. Being a student in the College of Veterinary Medicine allowed me to catch many weekday matches by walking over to the tennis courts. I had the opportunity to see players like McEnroe, Drew Evertt ( Chris's brother ), and several others. But more importantly, I got to see players like Manuel Diaz and other stars. Like the current football team, the tennis team featured competition amongst the team members, along with a strong bond among the team members. Court 1 players cheered on their teammates all the way down to court 6 during matches and that was true during practice as well. I loved being around Coach Magill and listening to his stories. From the little I have seen of Coach Diaz, he has carried on what Coach Magill had started, adding his own touch to that. When Coach Diaz was named Head Coach of the tennis team, I knew the team was in good hands because of what I knew he had learned from Coach Magill as well as the striving for excellence I saw in him as a player. Congratulations on your retirement, Coach Diaz. You have earned it. And, many many thanks for all you have given of yourself to the University of Georgia. You have made me proud to be an UGA graduate, starting when you were a player and through all the years of your coaching.