Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart provides update on former Georgia QB Stetson Bennett

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited March 19 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart provides update on former Georgia QB Stetson Bennett

ATHENS — The first question fired in Kirby Smart’s direction during the Q&A session of his speech in Macon on Monday night was about Stetson Bennett.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Falcons should take a chance on the Mailman if he becomes available. It would put some Dawg fans in the stands for Falcons games and that would be a rare sight indeed.

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

That's great to hear! Thanks Mike! God speed Stetson.... Go Dawgs

• Options
    Bill71Bill71 Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

All the so called updates on Bennett, usually aren’t an update at all! He screwed himself!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This sort of news is pretty thin, but at least it is something.

I've been a big Stetson fan since he was on the scout team. I'm not counting him out now.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One more chapter to write in this story. Just think if he can overcome his issues and somehow become a productive NFL QB and member of society, what a movie that would make to go along with his heretofore accomplishments.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 19

"Screwed himself"??? "Overcome his issues"???

Do yall know something, the rest of us don't?...or, are you letting your imaginations run wild?....casting aspersions built on assumption and speculation. Sounds like a Gator Fan...or newsmax. Lol

As far as I know....nobody knows exactly what the "issue" is, yet. If it was something in his control, that got away from him...you can bet, you would've heard something concrete by now. And LA would've already washed their hands of Bennett. Apparently, that's not the case.

I suggest, as Dawg Fans....we should give Bennett the courtesy of Benefit of the Doubt and stand behind him till he proves undeserving of our support. Assume it's a problem out of his control. Afterall, he's not Jesus Christ...he's just a kid, for all intents and purposes.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Only Bill71 was negative. Everyone else is pulling for SB! All of us are behind hm. To say someone has an issue is nothing. We all have issues. WHatever SB issue is it caused him to leave his team and go into seclusion. Everyone knows that. That's the facts. No speculating there. Here's hoping as I said below that SB goes on to the next chapter in his life and does as well as he has in the past!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fair enough. It is obviously an issue. He'll get it squared away. I just hope it hasn't caused him to lose his edge.

It's tough for anybody, to go from 90 mph down to zero...then back to 90....all, in a matter of months. There's gotta be an adjustment period. I'm not expecting much from him, this year. Maybe, find a team he can settle with...and, a veteran QB he can grow under.

I thought LA/Stafford was "that" situation, for him. Maybe not. I like the Atlanta/Cousins option, myself. He could fit right in, there.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

…he trained with a group that was one year below him.”…

not judging or speculating. Just trying to find some humor.

does anyone else see it??

With all the jokes about SBIV’s age. I’m thinking a few years below him. 😳🤓

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not going to speculate on what his situation is. Whatever it is he can over come it. He doesn't have to prove anything anymore. He already did what so many said he could not. Or the team couldn't win a championship much back to back with this guy. He just needs to move forward. Too many opportunities beyond football.

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior

Like Bill71, I have some negative memories of Stetson which surfaced after the first championship game, and I suspect there are other Dawg fans who have the same feelings. I commend the Rams for bringing attention to this matter which puts the ball in Stetson's court to do something about it, and that will not be easy. I do wish the Stetson the best,and I do not believe the claims of those who have no idea what the problem is.