Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia backfield hard at work, Trevor Etienne challenged, Roderick Robinson surging

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited March 28 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia backfield hard at work, Trevor Etienne challenged, Roderick Robinson surging

ATHENS — Georgia tailback Trevor Etienne is getting “coached up” in the aftermath of his reckless driving and DUI arrest on Sunday morning.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ahh the ‘ole push that sled over here, no not there, push it over here, no over here! Time and time again! Pretty sure Trevor is learning the hard way how things are done at Georgia and Kirby is right, he will get better from it. Can’t wait to see him and Robinson busting through d-lines! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No doubt! I look for both Robinson's to put on a show, this year. Especially, Roderick. Branson will still be sort of "on the mend" all year...with an incremental "play-count". Even then...I expect to see flashes of the pre-injury B-Rob, early on.

IMO...Ettienne was supposed to be one of 2 feature backs. The other, being Roderick Robinson....with B-Rob getting 5-10 plays against Clemson...maybe. Now...we. may see a R-Rob/B-Rob blend with an ounce of "Evans & Bell", off the bat....as far as the backfield goes.

But, that's not where the real lightening show will come from, this year...at RBU. Lol...the Dawgs probably have, the best QB & WR rooms I've ever seen, in Athens. It wouldn't surprise me, in the least...to find out Kirby has his Williams & Metchie & Smith. We never heard of those guys, either. Till we did. Saban picked up Williams from OSU....where he was buried on the depth chart.

In any case...UGA's loaded. Trying to find fault with the roster, is a futile act...especially, when you consider the transformation of each athlete from on season to another. After being individually groomed and trained [in every way] to be stronger, gaster & better than the guy in front of him on the depth chart. Cause, "Better Never rests"____CKS '23

What you saw out of Freshmen and Sophomores, last year...will come back,, new & improved [as usual under CKS]. We'll see different "disciplined" players on the same mission, with salt in their wounds and hungry.

Personally, seeing what I see...and knowing what I know...about Kirby and his standard ...I would dread being on the Dawgs "Menu" this year. But…I'm definitely looking forward to it. Lol

I have a feeling, this year is gonna be special. Not just with the Football Program, either. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

My thought on Trevor Etienne is this…. He is in Spring training trying to win a starting job on a new team. You would think he would be striving to be in the best physical conditioning in his life. If so, then how is he going home and getting his head tore up with booze then racing around Athens in his NIL wheels at 4AM? Is this the type of character we really want on the football team? Time will tell, I guess…. If he steps out of line again, we need to get him a one way bus ticket back to Gainesville…