Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 key Georgia football observations from Kirby Smart entering spring scrimmage

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited March 29 in Article commenting
image3 key Georgia football observations from Kirby Smart entering spring scrimmage

ATHENS — Georgia coach Kirby Smart embraces the spring football process, challenging his players and watching them grow.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

hey Mike, do you make comments about saban to rile up Finebaum on purpose?

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@David1 No, I make comments that are true and people get riled up. Too many just try to go with the flow and avoid the elephant in the room. Most Georgia fans want it straight, the program is on top, so it's interesting to look around the league. Alabama and Auburn are on the schedule the next two years, so …. yeah, I'm paying close attention.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@MikeGriffith as always I enjoyed your banter with finebaum.

my speculation on the spring portal is over under 5 players leaving. I say over. With a net loss of 3. As the dawgs might add DL/edge/LB if the right mix is available.
    I don’t believe Kirby will add a QB. Unless Stockton leaves. He carried 3 scholarship qb last year. Sure he wants 4 , but juggling 85 scholarships in this final covid bonus year is not easy

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

Still getting his Stetson Bennett digs in I see…..just more veiled. Give it up, makes you look petty/juvenile and unprofessional. On the other hand, I guess you just can't help it.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Eastmandawg Or maybe the truth is worth nothing to put the offense's challenge into perspective — Carson Beck WILL have to put more on his shoulders without the legendary defense (6 first-round picks) and the likes of first-round talents like Bowers, McConkey and Adonai Mitchell at wideout. It's not a knock — it's a reality.

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 30

@MikeGriffith You know what you are doing, you have been doing it for 2 or more years. Let it go, the "supporting cast" comment is subjective at best. From the history of your criticism of Bennett, it is obvious it was another dig at Stetson.

Can't think of any QB's that have won back to back as national championships. Bennett will more than likely go down as one of the most liked all-time dawgs.

You are alienating some of your readership here by continuing this. To continue with your Bennett digs certainly doesn't endear you. Maybe you can try to be more veiled next time, or better yet…just let it go.