Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 4-star QB Matt Zollers has made his college decision

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited April 4 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 4-star QB Matt Zollers has made his college decision

This Sentell’s Intel rep on Georgia football recruiting has the latest with 4-star QB Matt Zollers. He ranks as the nation’s No. 8 QB and the No. 78 overall prospect for 2025 on the 247Sports Composite. The On3 Industry Ranking has him as the No. 5 QB and at No. 49 overall.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

That is really surprising, but who knows how young mens' minds sometimes work or how money may talk. Missouri seems like a pretty boring place to spend your career. Although they had a good year in 2023, doubtful they will stay at such exalted heights consistently.

UGA still has a lot of options, some of which are much better than Zollers…. So keep your powder dry, Boys!

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

In Smart we trust.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 4

Mizzo???? I wish this young man well…..I'm thinking/heard that Dinkwitz has not tried to endear himself to some influential Tiga Alums and he's just 7/5 season away from a moving van…..who knows, 24 looks to be comparably easy but the Tigas travel to Bama, A&M, South Carolina and play The Okies at home….if BC, Auburn or The Razorbacks eek out a win, it could be a stormy December in Columbia…..with all that speculation, The Z Man is my pick to be my most potential Portal Pirate, Aye, show me the gold matie!………wonder what happen Coach Franklin???

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

COuld be as simple as BRady Cook leaves after this season and the only other scholarshiped QB is a kid that was rated as the number 15 QB who is a FR. He won't have to weed through the QB thicket at UGA. BEst of luck. Kid has a big arm.

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well I totally whiffed at that pick, I felt sure he was UGA bound but we are not for everyone. Oh well, moving on to Montgomery cause there ain't no way we are getting JuJu, he is USC bound for LA and the money. We will see what happens next on the QB shuffleboard.

• Options
    Billy21Billy21 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good win for Eli Drink. Even though he is our opponent, I really like and respect him as a coach.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't blame the kid when we have Stockton and Puglisi already in the wings with a decent chance of Kirby going outside the program for our next starting QB…

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think we were a little too optimistic about this guy. I noticed this morning that the 247 crystal ball didn’t even have us in the race. All their predictions were for Penn State and Pitt. Looks like they need a new crystal ball. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whether or not UGA gets another QB in the 2025 class, Zollers main competition would have been 2026 commit, Jared Curtis(assuming he stays in the fold). Jared appears to be a much better all around QB. Better size and mobility. Alot of options left for 2025.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He'll only make Missouri harder to beat.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not to worry.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited April 4

Remember, Mizzou can start paying players NIL while they're still in HS. Not saying this is one of the reasons, but it's a fact thanks to the state legislature of Missouri. Mizzou does have a unique advantage in this respect. I would like to see the deal he got. I'm hoping this is actually a good sign for UGA.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I really enjoy him too… for the most part . His kids fight really hard for him. His offense is fun to watch. They play tough. But I hope he learns from having to apologize for his sideline antics in Athens this year. Altogether, I think he’s great for the conference and expect him to have plenty of success at Mizzou.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

When some prospect choses another school I just look at the headlines and then very quick to see where he is going. Wish him well but since he won't be a Dawg I could care less about reading any more about him.

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 81 ✭✭ Sophomore

Missouri was hard enough to beat last year, they have a very good coach in Eli. They don't need any more good players period! DAWGS will show em'!

• Options
    FishingDawgFishingDawg Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

If a kid is afraid to come to UGA, I do not hold that against them. I do not wish them well, but I'm glad they didn't come. I want players that want to be at UGA. For the most part, I hope once they realize their mistake they don't have the opportunity to come back. However, if they are a game changer, all is forgiven. That's right, I'm okay with whatever helps the DAWGS. What I really hate are the quitters that leave before their junior season unless they will never start and just want playing time. If a kid wants to tell his kids and grandkids that he wasn't good enough to start for UGA and didn't value a degree from Georgia, best of wishes to them and all of the people that encouraged them to leave.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 4

Im happy with the already talented QB room at UGA in the present, as well as the future. Best of luck at Mizzou young man..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    DAWGHOUNDDAWGHOUND Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

The thing that I see in all these articles lately is that they ALL says they want to compete on a daily basis against the best and then they turn around and pick another school. I don't know if they really don't want to compete or if they are just giving lip service. I would rather have them not pick Georgia than COMMIT and then flip. A man word is his bond or at least it used to be. I think the NIL is influencing a LOT of young kids that don't look at the big picture instant money and big money I have to say. Georgia will be fine, maybe not getting all the 5 stars we want but like Kirby says he would rather have someone who really wants to be a Dawg. Looking forward to G-Day and beyond. GO DAWGS