Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia DL Bear Alexander to re-enter transfer

2»

Comments

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess it depends on your definition of "ruining" . He certainly isn't maximizing his professional worth by rejecting the professional development he would have undoubtedly capitalized on had he stayed at UGA.

It is starting to sound like Mr Alexander is one of those people looking to skate through and grab what he can. That does not bode well for maximizing his draft position. I point to Maason Smith as a cautionary tale. Former #1 overall HS recruit. Elite size. Suffered an unfortunate injury. But in 2 healthy CFB seasons didn't particularly distinguish himself. Now hard to find in the first 3 rounds of any of the mock drafts.

Bear certainly is coming off as a mercenary, immature and incapable of commitment to his team or himself. All things that will contribute to "ruining" his draft position after this season.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Instability is not a good thing. Played for three different high schools and hasn’t stayed at a school more than one season in college. Who does this remind us of? Sure, “he’s just transferring.” Sure, it’s not the end of his life. But, it is reflective of his character and immaturity. As my grandma used to say, “Something just ain’t right about that boy.” Often times, not always of course, kids with problems of loyalty and “sticktuitiveness” have been raised in a very a somewhat difficult home environment. Hopefully, Bear will grow up someday. I hope he finds a place where he can be a good teammate and be happy.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As I said, we don't know his motivation for doing what he's doing. Maybe it's mental? Sound familiar? Think A.G. But I will say this. If the work ethic is there(not saying it is)and it's not a mental thing, and he distinguishes himself in whatever college career he has left. Transferring 2-3 time will be a bump in the road as it's about become the new norm, if changes arent made. A player can play a year, check the market, go somewhere else for a higher price for a year and recheck the market and so on. Coaches do it and so do professionals.

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

Probably best that he moved on.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm sticking with the word ruining. A tiny percentage make it to the NFL. A smaller percentage make it two years in the NFL. Can you imagine what the percentage is for someone who's chosen to play somewhere different every year of his high school and college life. That lack of discipline will not translate to financial success. I don't mean any harm to the kid, but people should be open about the obvious danger this will have in his life. They should be telling kids to watch out.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

looks like he was just testing the waters. Probably received a bump.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My thoughts too. Squeezed more out of desperate to win USC. Tried to do that at UGA. Telling that CKS said thanks but no thanks.