Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 4-star Ohio QB Ryan Montgomery commits to Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,518 admin
edited April 17 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 4-star Ohio QB Ryan Montgomery commits to Georgia football

This Sentell’s Intel rep on Georgia football recruiting details the recruiting decision made just now by 4-star Findlay High School QB Ryan Montgomery. He ranks as the nation’s No. 14 QB and the No. 170 overall prospect for 2025 on the 247Sports Composite. The On3 Industry Ranking has him as the No. 15 QB and at No. 184 overall.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 17

Got up from the table before he made his decision, walked away, and returned wearing a Red UGA "G" t-shirt, and walking a Bulldog on a leash. Can't blame him, who wants to wear a gator orange clown costume, or play for a school whose mascot is a chicken? No doubt, a very talented QB already, and he can only get better. Welcome to the DAWG Family Young man..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    NCMtnDawgNCMtnDawg Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ Junior

Welcome to Georgia! It will be tough, but that's what will bring out your best if you learn from it. I envy you, young man. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ramborambo Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

Nice,..we needed that

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to Dawg Nation, the home of Champions. Glad to have you, and wish you a great career as a Dawg and after. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 86 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well I will never doubt Paul Moon again, that is all I am saying! I cannot wait until this kid gets here. He is a scapper, a what we call dawg once he puts the pads on. I cannot wait to see this kid play. This kid is going to be a dude.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

" It can be stated here that it is debatable whether or not Montgomery is the most talented prospect for UGA among those three."………Seriously Jeff????? JuJu and Dad, the me first, Ima day one starter Hollywood Hotdogs who will never flip from USC,….. Zollers, who eschewed the opportunity to be developed in the best collegiate football program in America to bet the Happy Valley Home Town on whether "Dinkwitz" can eke out enough wins in Tiger Town to keep his job…..Mr. Ryan Montgomery, who has the Monken/Bobo SEAL of APPROVAL……..case closed, class dismissed…..another DGD is on the way! The real head scratcher is where was Cryin Day and The Bucknut faithful in all this recruitment????? Talk about football IQ…..nothing sez genius like a young man trading the Nut House for The Dawg Nation…..welcome aboard Ryan!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ryan looks good in that #15 jersey! Seems like the perfect fit for UGA. I never thought that about that QB who jumped ship to go to Nebraska. This young man seems willing to work, wait his turn, and be a team first player. This is very good news.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 363 ✭✭✭ Junior

congrats on picking UGA. Does anyone know why Ohio State wasn't in his final group of schools especially since his brother plays there?

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This kid's mechanics are super-advanced for his age. Can't wait to see him blossom in red-and-black. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 256 ✭✭✭ Junior

History has shown us that when things get hard in Athens (and they will) the players with those mindsets usually endure and eventually rise to the top. So true, he sees the light at the end of the tunnel, unlike a lot of the kids who want instant gratification. GATA !!!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

His priority was to play in the SEC...in a Program similar to UGA's....if Kirby didn't want him, that is.

Florida & Carolina, were backup plans...[contingencies "A" & "B"]. It sounds to me, like.…UGA was the school in the center of his radar screen, all along. It all depended on which guy Bobo and Smart wanted.

What i'd like to know, is…why Montgomery's criteria would include Florida & South Carolina. Lol

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

welcome aboard

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome! Lets be honest, solid 4+ star QBs are what have worked out the best for us historically. That's just how the program is designed. We will never be a team that designs a program around a star QB, one that guarantees a QB will play or honestly makes it easy for them. It's difficult and requires someone who is committed.

From what I'm seeing, I think Montgomery will fit in nicely with those attributes just like Puglisi.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 18

100% agree. It's not Kirby or the Dawgs Program, eschewing "top tier" QB's. It's expectations from the player, his family and his built-in fanbase.

These kids are experiencing a whole 3 or 4, "new & different" levels of exposure and unsolicited "personal advice"....above what kids knew, in the generations before theirs. They don't know or understand, this isn't normal and their are "no shortcuts" to greatness. The people in their corner, should be “reminding” em of THAT everyday, rather than blinding them with dollar signs.

If you give a parasite an open vein...it'll eat, till it bursts. Somebody has to look out for the parasite. Lol...forgive the gross analogy...I couldn't “think” of anything else, that drank till it bursts...but, that's the gist.

One thing I know for sure....if a kid has his pick of any school in the Nation...and, picks UGA.....you know dawggone well, he's smart, he's a winner and he comes from “good stock.” Kirby and Bobo will teach him the rest. By the time he leaves UGA...he'll be ready to blow past most of his peers.

I was considering, when I was writing the above “paragraph”....I can't think of a single player, the Dawgs lost in a recruiting battle, over the last 20-30 years... that I “regret” losing. That would've made enough of a difference to an outcome or change the lean of the playing field, for UGA. They got all those.