Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What commitment of Ryan Montgomery means for the future of the Georgia quarterback room

SystemSystem Posts: 10,474 admin
edited April 18 in Article commenting
imageWhat commitment of Ryan Montgomery means for the future of the Georgia quarterback room

ATHENS — Georgia’s future quarterback situation did not look great on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We needed to get out of the Lewis circus.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 18

I’ve noticed in the past month that Lewis is starting to slide with the recruiting services like: ON3, ESPN, Rivals, 247. He has dropped as low as the #4 QB in several of these ratings. Anyone know what’s going on? Interesting that Raiola did the same last year dropping from #1 QB to #3 or 4 as the year went on. It seems like UGA has done better in recent years with the lower ranked QBs like Bennett, Beck and to some extent Fromm when compared to the 5-stars like Eason, Fields, Daniels and Vandagriff. I’m not sure what that’s all about, but we likely wouldn’t have done any better if the superstars had stayed with us. Of course, it’s hard to improve on undefeated seasons. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“I want a self-starter. I want a guy that’s committed to the program, who’s selfless,” Smart said. “I want all of the same things: size, speed. I want all those same things. It’s more be more selective over a kid you pick and choose from that the NIL is not the number one narrative.”…..I believe Kirby, ……..Juju and his Dad ain't even close, so why waste time on this guy?

Shutting the door on this clown would send a much needed message to every other "prima donna", "me first", "NIL focused", "first day starter mentality", ……..we need WINNERS, not Wieners!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am in total agreement with comments here re the Prima Donna’s. We’ve recruited several and the end result was not good for UGA. The Fromms, the Bennett, and the Becks were good leaders and high quality QBs who put team first. The Fields, the Easons, and the Riolas were a waste of time and energy. While it’s admittedly difficult to predict how a recruit will ultimately turn out, Prima Donna’s like Fields and Riola had T-R-O-U-B-L-E written in their foreheads before they ever committed. Same is true of the tight end turned prisoner.

I like young men who are willing to work hard and wait their turn. It looks like Montgomery fits the mold perfectly. Of course, he ain’t in the barn yet. As we all know all too well, a commitment these days is often not very meaningful. I’m thinking this young man has a solid family situation and understands the importance of one’s word. I certainly hope so.

• Options
    Tyrone_DawgTyrone_Dawg Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Hey Connor,

I like snd appreciate your work on DN.com, but I wonder: is it even possible for you to write an article without saying “room,” as in quarterback “room,” or running backs “room, etc? Would you have even been able to write an article before the “room” fad recently started? Seems like a serious crutch for you. Good luck!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Eason was a wast of time? Eason was a darned good QB for us before he got hurt in the first game of the season AFTER having a really good season before. He got hurt on a late hit while out of bounds and Jake Fromm came in for him. Eason stayed on and cheered, even though he never got his spot back due to Fromm's work and he knew that so he transferred back home. There is absolutely NO WAY I would consider Jacob Eason a waste of time.

fields was never a Dawg and good riddance to him. He lied about the University of Georgia and I will always hope for failure for him. Sorry, I hold a grudge after he trashed my University after his lies about it.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thanks 87 Dawg. I agree Eason didn’t have any attitude issues. IMHO he was over-rated. Just too immobile. Fields, as you pointed out, had an attitude. It came to the forefront real early as he was heard criticizing the coaches after the South Carolina game because they didn’t start him. It is also true that the Fields’ transfer saga involved out right inaccurate info. His lawyer is the one who stated Fields had been the victim of racism in Athens. I can’t recall whether Fields himself actually said those untruths, but he never refuted them either. Therefore, that’s on him.

Riola was a bad idea, IMHO, from the get go. I said as much when we were recruiting him. Four different high schools in three different states. A “commitment” to OSU. Then a “commitment” to UGA. Then another flip to Nebraska.

So, I repeat: avoid the Prima Donna’s. They’re not worth the effort. Plus, they’re only “committed” to themselves as a general rule.