Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football offensive depth chart coming out of spring practice

SystemSystem Posts: 10,483 admin
edited April 23 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football offensive depth chart coming out of spring practice

ATHENS — Spring practice has come and gone for Georgia, with the Bulldogs using 15 practices to get better.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 23

the O- line looks great this year but not sure about 2025. A bunch of freshman and sophomores listed I’m sure when all the 2 year players mature this year things will work out

Looks like one of the strongest WR rooms in the Kirby era.
    And the RBs might challenge some of the best over the past few years

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My pet peeve: Rating two guys as top level and then calling the next guy #2. It makes no sense. Plus, it's a cop out.

For example: "1. Dylan Fairchild (Jr.)/Micah Morris (Jr.). 2. Daniel Calhoun (Fr.)" C'mon. Decide who's No. 1 (Fairchild, I'm guessing), rank Morris No. 2 and Calhoun No. 3.

Coach can't start half of one guy and half of the other. On G-day, it was Fairchild, and he didn't do anything to make it seem he wouldn't start again. If it truly is a tossup, then I suppose you can show them both as No. 1; but, then, at least rank Calhoun as No. 3 because, uhm, he's No. 3.

Sorry about the griping. But the illogic grates on me. :-)

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We have The only position that concerns me left tackle. Meriwethear has very little experience (and doesn't seem to have wowed folks the way that Greene did as a freshman before his injury).

Is Meriweather truly No. 2 or would Truss or Freeling be moved over to LT if Greene went out during a competitive game?

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't argue about the O-Line…..they are deep and wide and from an opposing D-Line like the Great Divide…..but I'd place my bet on the Receiver room to capture "Best Position Group" by the time we face Bama!……of course that means Beck & Company have also garnered accolades by the bushel!…….which means they've been protected by the aforementioned Great Divide…..and as usual, I'd lose my bet, again!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 23

I agree with you, but I also understand that ranking two guys as #1 in that position makes good sense.

In the same way, we have two #1 running backs. We have been for a long time blessed to have a running back by committee situation. In essence we have two starters at many positions. Besides that, the way we rotate, the top three players in most positions will get many reps throughout the game; one might be actual starter, but none of the three are third string.

Happy shaves,

Jim

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 23

So it should be written as 1a and 1b. Thus a clear favorite but with heavy rotation from 1b. We don’t always have to be precise. Besides it gives us something to debate until the fall.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everything looks pretty good to me. I hope we can bring the younger guys up to speed quick at O line Right Guard, in the event God forbid ( mean that ) Tate Ratledge got injured. Also hope Ernest Greene is up to the task at Left Tackle. By season start though I think they’ll all be much better. Go Dawgs !!