Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia defensive lineman Christen Miller announces he’s entering the transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited April 24 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia defensive lineman Christen Miller announces he’s entering the transfer portal

ATHENS — Georgia has its first real shock of the April transfer window, as defensive tackle Christen Miller announced that he would be putting his name into the transfer portal.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 362 ✭✭✭ Junior

good luck to you young man!

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Crap. Good luck to him.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Aren’t we over the scholarship limit? If so, there has to be some attrition and with Georgia’s roster, whoever leaves is going to be a good player.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bummer, but maybe he will have a change of heart. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

If you don't want to be a dawg or can't handle the heat then good luck but don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't want to hear …Rice again…lolol I never thought Miller would defect. UGA is a tough place to be a lineman….,many just cannot take it for one reason or another? I think UGA is one over the scholarship limit. Last I heard.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He knows the competition he is facing. Maybe he knows that he is not as good as his competition and he wants to go somewhere he is as good or better and start or play a lot more. Which is totally understandable for all of us. You can hang or you can't.

But…

Maybe he wants a little more "love" to stay at UGA while they are thin at his position? Using his leverage for some more "love" ?

Its 50/50 to me. There is good competition on his heels and he was hurt. That competition may have passed him up and he sees that writing on the wall.

Thing is, 1 injury and he could go from 2nd string to starter to ALL-SEC…

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I smell tampering, which I guess is common. He will announce his destination before Monday.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I recall CMiller was in love with USC and the idea of what LA could do for him . So we'll see if he ends up there.

On the good side there were 2 DT's of interest that entered the TP. One was a 320 lb DT from MI St. The other was his conference's DPOY. Maybe one of them wants to be developed at UGA.

• Options
    CMacDAWGCMacDAWG Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman
  • Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Losing C Miller hurts, hopefully we can either replace him or he'll stay put.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Definitely. Especially considering he basically said it himself on his Instagram. Sounds like USC more than likely has already been talking to him, will it be proven? Probably not. Just shows how corrupt the NCAA still is. If he's chasing now money, we don't need him.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is totally unexpected. Clearly has zero to do with playing time as he is a major player in the DL rotation. Something seems off here. Might be tampering, especially if USC is the destination. They’ve obviously been buying players this entire recruiting season. Would like to see him reverse his decision

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Only speculation. But if it were USC, maybe Bear told him the truth OR seeing Bear as an example of potentially going from a 1st Round DL to a 4th round pick isn’t worth the NIL

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I salute your son and everyone that has or does serve our country. If he has any interest in the history of the 2nd there is an Oscar winning documentary produced after WWII called "With the Marines at Tarawa" that can be found by googling the title.