Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Toot Your Own Horn

1235»

Comments

• donniemdonniem Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In 1st grade I got sick after eating a mayo based coleslaw. Never been able to eat it since.

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 16

My dad pitched on slow pitch softball, and William Andrews was actually on his team one year! It was “unlimited arc” pitch rule, so when my dad got 2 strikes on a batter he would backhand pitch it about 35 feet in the air (no joke). William said to him, “I’m sure glad I’m on your team and don’t have to try and hit your pitches!” This was circa 1983.

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 16

My USVBA volleyball men’s A team beat Clemson University’s team in the semis, then we won the championship match to take the 1990 Palmetto Region title. That qualified us to go to Gainesville FL to play in the Eastern zonal tournament, but we couldn’t get enough guys to make the trip. Fun memories! (I was a 6-foot-4 middle blocker). I played a lot of basketball growing up but volleyball was just more fun to play! Side note: that year our club’s AA team went to play in the nationals in Raleigh and played against a team from California that had TWO US Olympians! They lost that one.

PS also ran a marathon in Antarctica in 1997 but finished way in the back of the pack…

• donniemdonniem Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In my mind, finishing a marathon is reward enough. God invented cars so we could go 26.2 miles.