Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia baseball shocked 18-1, North Carolina State experience, pitching kicks in

SystemSystem Posts: 10,680 admin
edited June 8 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia baseball shocked 18-1, North Carolina State experience, pitching kicks in

ATHENS — There’s no substitute for experience, or great pitching, and North Carolina State appeared to have both on Saturday afternoon.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 8

This wasn't a fun game to watch, unless you're a Wolfpack fan. I still have faith in these young men, I believe they can win 2 in a row against N.C State to stay alive and play another day..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia baseball has far exceeded expectations this season. To even get to the super regionals with sub par pitching is incredible. They still have 2 games left, (hopefully) to make some noise. At the very least, show up and score some early runs for the pitching staff. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very true

Very true, it was not fun at all. Johnson has a pitching Coach background. Within his even keel personality, a lot like the Braves manager, he’ll get players, especially pitching into the program and make the Dawgs relevant in baseball. Plus, tomorrow is a clean slate and another day. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith Dawgs are 42-16.

Tough loss! Just win the next two and all is good.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

love Johnson’s approach and the team’s heart but the pitching has been the weak spot all season and when it gets to these types of games and teams, that weakness tends to get exposed. Don’t expect any quit at all and they have the offense to play with anyone but at this stage pitching is more critical and I’m not sure (definitely hopeful) the Dawgs have the arms to hang. Still have a shot and Go DAWGS!

• Options
    NFLDAWG7NFLDAWG7 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

@MikeGriffith

"Johnson was the pitching coach for an LSU team that dropped a 24-4 Game Two decision to Florida in Super Regional action last year before bouncing back for an 18-4 win that sent the Tigers into a College World Series they would win."

The 24-4 game two loss followed by the 18-4 game three win for LSU vs. Florida was in the College World Series Finals last year (not the Super Regional).

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

that game was embarrassing especially since UGA was the host team. I sure hope the Bulldawgs find their missing hitting and pitching tomorrow.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA Pitching flopped that 2nd inning….. Uga hitting off the entire game.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't believe NC ST has another pitcher on their team, with the capability of shutting down the Bulldog offense for another 9 innings. That's bad news for NCST Fans....cause, UGA won't lose another one....in Athens. That's my prediction.

The NCAA World Series is in Omaha Nebraska....isn't it? See ya there.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. However,...that said…there are very few teams, that go into the playoffs without a weakness. And...It's usually pitching. Lol.

But,...IMO...Pitching [Rotational & Relief], hitting, speed, defense & depth, all, play a key roll in any team's postseason success. I like UGA's chances, given...that they've been fairly consistent..."offensively"...all year long. They've got just enough quality pitching to win 2 out of 3 against anybody.

I wouldn't draw any longterm conclusions, based on a bad game, here and there. Those happen. The opposition, occasionally has an Ace that's hard to burn...or, the bats just go cold for no apparent reason.

Any of a number of things can occur, that cost you 1 ballgame. That's why teams play at least 3 games, to find a winner. Usually.

• Options
    YankeeDawg64YankeeDawg64 Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

We'll see about today. 2 TD's and a field goal has got to be demoralizing. Both diamond dawgs (soft/hard ball) need better pitching for sure to go deeper. Seems both suffer from the 'hit parade' disappearing in the post season :-(

But, at least both make the post season…..just need to put a few more pieces of the puzzle together. Go Dawgs, don't make me have to do yard work by the 3rd inning!