Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 4-star in-state DL Christian Garrett commits to Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,701 admin
edited June 9 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 4-star in-state DL Christian Garrett commits to Georgia football

This Sentell’s Intel rep on Georgia football recruiting has the latest with 4-star DL Christian Garrett. He ranks as the nation’s No. 15 DL and the No. 128 overall prospect for 2025 on the 247Sports Composite. The On3 Industry Ranking has him as the No. 10 and at No. 128 overall.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does he play nose guard, tackle or end or a combo of all?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's wanted to be a DAWG since childhood. And now his dream has came true, welcome to the DAWG Family young man..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 10

I love guys like this. They know what they want...and, go for it without waffling or hesitation. That's deep commitment. He'll stick...and develop....IMO. At least until he's reached his ceiling.

I wish the kid's Ht/Wt, and other statistical data were included in the article. I may as well have just done a Google search, myself. Lol...after reading the article and rescanning it...I had more questions than answers. But, that's okay...i didn't pay for it...so thanks....you don't know, what you "don't know", till you know what you don't. Lol

Seriously, though, I'm sure it's a challenge to keep up with the ever-changing recruiting landscape, in today's CFB World. Jeff Sentell does about as fine a job as anybody I've read [or, heard], over the last few years...and, he's improved each year like the rest of the Dawgs, IMO.

Lol...keep up the good work Jeff. Pretty soon, you'll reach the lofty perch Mike G sits on, with BA.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 990 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 10

BigDawg61 spot on…I went to 247sports and they list 6' 3.5" 284 lbs, watching Christian slice through OL's, albeit 6-A, I'd say given his athleticism he will be a very disrupting tackle…..though anywhere on the D-line he'll be a heat seeking missile!

I'm thinking that by the time Mr Garrett steps on campus the physical stats 247 quoted will be 6' 4 or 5 and 290 lbs….I'm most impressed by his upper body strength……very very few centers will be able to fend off his speed, strength, and aggression!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think he is a Warren Brinson - future 3-4th round NFL pick if he develops. He'll be 6'4-6'5 and 305 in 2-3 years. He has a huge upside too only playing against single A competition. We will be talking about this kid 3 years from now. Now he just needs to get to work and get bigger, stronger, faster and learn his craft. This is a good pickup.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 11

That's a respectable size for a a HS Jr DL. I'd be interested in his 40 yd avg time...with and without pads. But, you gotta figure…if Kirby wants him, there's a reason. He fits their long-term plan, in some way and has "the right stuff" to make it happen.

I'm proud of these Georgia Boys staying home and representing...the way we did in the 70's and 80's.

IMO…Kirby has 2 or 3 "Erk Russells" on his staff, which attracts "ballplayers". Smarts ability to read people, is his greatest talent...and, sets him “apart” from all the others. He's the reason Saban was so successful.

Obviously…Not “saying” Saban couldn't have done it without Kirby. But, I am saying, they were greater than the sum of their parts. They made each other better and "together".…made up a Dream Team of coaches and recruiters that brought in the best talent.

"TALENT".…I believe, both Nick & Kirby “figured” it out, while working together in Miami. Encourage the best athletes to play on defense at the College, and eventually HS level, vice offense....by playing a disciplined, but, aggressive brand of defense where everybody "gets to eat". IMO....The Walker's, Jackson's and Dickerson's of yesteryear....have “taken” their talents to the other side of the ball.

I just wonder...if UGA hadn't already hit big with Mark Richt...would Saban and Smart have “brought” their recruiting road show to Athens instead of Tuscaloosa. Curious…lil.