Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brent Key brings renewed ‘hate’ into Georgia - Georgia Tech Clean Old-Fashioned football rivalry

SystemSystem Posts: 10,667 admin
edited June 13 in Article commenting
imageBrent Key brings renewed ‘hate’ into Georgia - Georgia Tech Clean Old-Fashioned football rivalry

ATHENS — Georgia Tech coach Brent Key just opened up a new chapter in the Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate rivalry.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 152 ✭✭✭ Junior

the game was closer last year only because the Dawgs were looking ahead. Key will never get the Jimmys and Joes to match the x’es and o’s. If he ever beats Georgia, it will be due to pure luck combined with hostile officiating toward UGA. He is driving a Yugo in the Indy 500.

• Options
    saldivensaldiven Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

Meh. The 2023 game wasn't as close as the score indicated. It was 31-13 going into the 4th quarter. Carson Beck only threw the ball 20 times in the whole game compared to 36 running plays, indicating the offense was being played close to the chest. There was no point during the entire game where UGA was at risk of losing. I honestly don't think that game is any indication that GATech is closing the gap with UGA in football.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

in a world where divisions are growing in every facet of our lives, I don’t believe a sporting event once a year will ever carry as much weight as it did in its heyday

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 262 ✭✭✭ Junior

As a Dawg fan since 1976, I love Key's comments. This "rivalry" needs a jolt and Key may be the guy to breathe some life into what has been a steaming pile of excrement for quite some time. Looking forward to a Black Friday Blackout in Sanford and reminding the bugs that they've go a long way to go if they want to compete against Kirby's Dawgs.

• Options
    JTM22JTM22 Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

In my opinion, I think Kirby didn’t play for the kill, as in winning and running up the score. He played enough to win, which he did, but I think that may have hindered the focus against Alabama. If he could do a redo, I think he kills GT big and that would’ve carried over to the SECCG.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 13

Who cares what a 5-6 win coach (at best) in the weak acc thinks? Key= A typical north ave trade school 🤡

• Options
    NorthHallDawgNorthHallDawg Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

71-41-5 all time record in favor of the good guys… Is this even considered a rivalry anymore? I mean all Dawg fans naturally hate the bugs but a rivalry suggest each team winning fairly equally. Until proven otherwise, the bugs are just another jobber team on Georgia's schedule.

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior

CKS is a master coach and tactician playing up the strengths and successes of our rivals. If I had to say I hate something it would be GT and Alabama.

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bring it if you got it.
    Go Dawgs! Wreck tech! Again and again and again!

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Tech is NOT a rival-They are similar to Florida:-)

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brent who? Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm happy Key has so much passion - I mean, who would want a coach that didn't. That being said, hate is a very strong word. Hate can eat you up inside. Hopefully, it's a little hyperbole.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby played Tech to avoid injuries, as our C or even D level game beats Tech.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Closed the gap?

You've won once (six years ago) in 4132nd attempts and, just because there is a single game under double digits you consider that "closing the gap".

Be serious……

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This was a WAY OVERBLOWN whatever it was, cause it's not even a story. The coach of another team said that he "hates" everything about losing a game to his in-state rival. Gee, I'm shocked. Why try to turn this into bulletin board material? It is not.

• Options
    BASDawgBASDawg Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Breaking news: bugs have an inferiority complex.