Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What team would you like to see Dawgs beat for a national title?

SystemSystem Posts: 11,081 admin
edited June 23 in Article commenting
imageWhat team would you like to see Dawgs beat for a national title?

Time to check the Junkyard Mail, and the first question is a fun one to ponder. …

Read the full story here

Comments

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd like us to play Oregon for the Natty, for two reasons: 1) Lanning's still a DGD doing a great job for a great school. 2) I love the idea of Ohio State failing again by falling again to Michigan and not getting the bye for the tournament.

• BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 192 ✭✭✭ Junior

Alabama. Duh…

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The knee jerk answer is everyone….

But honestly I’d take any and all of the following along the way;

Alabama

Texas

Ohio state

USC

Florida ( yes I’m still disgruntled about the 90’s and 2000’s)

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 23

Alabama. The answer is always Alabama when the question is who do you want to beat. For too long Alabama has been on the top of the CFB mountain. IF there is to be a true changing of the guard UGA has to start beating Alabama regularly.

UGA needs a new Athletic Director. Closing the Sanford Bridge to pedestrian traffic and keeping the UGA/FU game in Jax is enough to move on from Josh Brooks. Sanford is a 90,000 seat stadium. Do you really need to sell tickets to the bridge?

• JTM22JTM22 Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bama don’t feel the same without Saban… so it’s USC or Ohio State and we whoop them so recruits know who’s who.

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 214 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’d like to see us whup NIL

You haven't been watching how Alabama is recruiting, who Alabama can line up, how Alabama players are talking and how Alabama fans are talking. Saban may be gone but the 27-24 **** remains. If UGA truly wants to replace Alabama as the unquestioned #1 program UGA needs to start beating Alabama every time.

• Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 178 ✭✭✭ Junior

Alabama without question. Been a Dawg since before I was born. Sick of hearing Roll Tide and all the disappointments and humiliation. It’s time those people get their comeuppance.

Go Dawgs!

• DMVDawgDMVDawg Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

Just because I was at the two National Championship games we lost; Penn State and Pittsburg, would be my choices.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 23

Alabama..GoDAWGS!

• 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior

Always Alabama. Go Dawgs.

• David1David1 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 23

Penn St, USC, Ohio St, Michigan, Texas (just to say we robbed them of another title) Oregon, then vs current sec foes Ala, fla, tenn, aub. Or any team we have a losing streak against in bowl games.
    I’m concerned about the gameday experience this year with the addition of beer being sold. As a non drinking family, I’m concerned of the smell, spills and attitudes of those that purchase it. I hope those in my section act responsibly and respectfully.
    The start time of the Georgia-clemson game is a joke. The game features winners of 4 of the 10 or so college football playoff national championships It should have been at least at 3:30. I could see fla-Miami at 3:30 in the 90s, but not now. A&M-ND at night is a joke. No one outside the state of Texas cares about A&M and most people don’t care for the irish, although I do hope A&M beats tenn in baseball. I d I o t s are running espn.

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great Q&A. Thanks!!

Exactly! Can't let the post Saban Tide "weather the storm" and continue at the same level. Alabama has to take a step back like Alabama has done in the past between its good coaches. This year is pivotal for Alabama. Should Alabama win a championship in DeBoer's 1st of 2nd year then Alabama goes merrily on its way. If Alabama gets knocked down a peg or 2 the program will find it harder and harder to get back on top.

After Saban what is the attraction for a recruit to go to Alabama? Especially if Alabama isn't winning at the same level. Does Alabama have the NIL to compete with the big money schools in states that can offer more than Alabama does?

W/o Saban is the Alabama job/school/program even a Top 10 program? That is why DeBoer has to win now and win big.

• CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would like to see us beat Bama twice in the upcoming season. And I miss Poss Brunswick Stew.