Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Social media celebrates Georgia football landing 5-star edge rusher, former USC commit Isaiah Gibson

SystemSystem Posts: 10,693 admin
edited June 25 in Article commenting
imageSocial media celebrates Georgia football landing 5-star edge rusher, former USC commit Isaiah Gibson

On March 24, 5-star edge rusher Isaiah Gibson committed to USC along with one-time Georgia commit Justus Terry.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't wait to see a couple more of these Big Dawgs committing. Georgia will probably end up with the No. 1 class again.

According to On3, we're favored to add the No. 4 and No. 7 guys in the country (DLs Elijah Griffin and Justus Terry) and stand a good chance of reeling in the No. 2 guy (OT David Sanders). Of the top 50, Ohio State is only favored to pick up the No. 28 player.

All told in the top 200, Georgia is given the highest odds for eight players and Ohio State for only four.

Not counting chickens before they're hatched. But a lot of things would have to break OSU's way and to not break our way for them to keep the No. 1 overall ranking.

Kirby and company certainly get a big assist from the level of talent here in Georgia — especially this year. Seven of the nation's 27 five-stars and 17 of the top 200 are Ga HS seniors. That's almost as much top level talent as Texas and more than Florida — both of which have much larger populations and more in-state Power 4 schools to compete with.

• Options

Correction from my earlier comment: Seven of the nation's 27 five-stars and 27 of the top 200 are Ga HS seniors.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would be shocked if we got Sanders. His price tag is too high and if you want to be on a TEAM everyone sacrifices some. Even Tom Brady took a pay cut with the Patriots to keeps some guys so they could WIN. It is about WINNING period. Some guys get this and others do not. Kirby, weeds out the me me guys.

Landing Sanders would be the greatest coup ever but highly doubtful. No worries though because we got a 6'11" kid no one has ever heard of and a bunch of tiny 6'6" to 6'8" linemen already on the team and more to come.

Some very large humans are going to be playing football for Georgia and if I'm a 270 lb 6'3" DL I do not want any part of these MONSTERS.

Good times ahead.

Oh and too your point about locking down the 5 stars. This is a heckuva class we are building. We will be top3 for sure. Only concern is we need some corners in case of attrition. Coach Robinson will get it done but he is building relationships now. Would be nice to pick up a couple studs but the talent is not deep for corners this year and frankly we had a big haul of secondary guys last year.

• Options