Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Updated Blue-Chip Ratio numbers give us a better idea of Georgia’s national championship chances

SystemSystem Posts: 10,698 admin
edited June 26 in Article commenting
imageUpdated Blue-Chip Ratio numbers give us a better idea of Georgia’s national championship chances

Georgia football has one of the top rosters in the sport as the updated numbers in the Blue-Chip ratio Show. Here is what this means for Georgia's 2024 national title hopes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is information that Peyton manning needs to look at before he starts shooting his mouth off with ridiculous claims about rocky flop about to get on a roll.

• Options
    ffowler12ffowler12 Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Excellent article Conner! This information really shows who has the best players! In addition to their talent, Georgia does a great job of developing that talent. We are so fortunate to have Kirby Smart as our coach!!!

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ohio state always has a super high ratio, so why do they always lose to Michigan?

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jdatl3...good question. Michigan's blue chip ratio last season was 54% compared to 85% for Ohio State. In 2022, Michigan was 59% and the Buckeyes were at 78% even factoring in transfers. Michigan has beaten Ohio State the last 3 years.

Can you say coaching and development? I don't particularly like Harbaugh, but I think he's a better coach than Day. However, this season Day has a pretty brilliant offensive coach in Chip Kelly and other new top assistant coaches. Day has really stepped up his recruiting efforts, and the OSU Collective is one of the biggest and most powerful in the country. I have little doubt that Ohio State will trounce the Wolverines this season. It's payback time.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

jdatl3 -"Ohio state always has a super high ratio, so why do they always lose to Michigan?'

Ohio St under Day has been more finesse than hard nose, blue collar, run first, throw if you have to Michigan style. IMHO.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,878 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would love to see the stats on Top 100 and Top 300 percentage. I think UGA might be #1 in those categories. There are a lot of "blue-chip" 4-star guys who aren't in the Top 300. UGA has been raking in the Top 100 players better than anyone lately.

• Options

Harbaugh certainly is a superb coach, but I think some shenanigans played a part in Michigan's success the last couple of years.

• Options

OSU is definitely all-in on recruiting right now. I think they are putting together a record-breaking class for 2025. It's kind of frightening what they have put together so far. If Day doesn't win a NC in the next 2 years he may be gone. OSU wants to win RFN. If he can't produce with the roster he has, then he never will.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At Georgia, any percentage at or above 50 is a potential NC……for the 24 TEAM that 80% means the lesser rated 20% will play above whatever rating they came with……Riley Ridley, Solomon Kindley, Justin Shaffer, Monty Rice, Eric Stokes, Jordan Davis, Jake Camarda, John Fitzpatrick, Chris Smith, Kenny McIntosh, Stetson Bennett IV, and my FAV…..Ladd McConkey….

It's all about the CULTURE & COACHING!

BTW…….the inside info on Cryin Day…..lose to Big Blue in 24 and you're out.