Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: 6-foot-10 viral basketball phenom Jahzare Jackson has committed to Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 11,046 admin
edited July 8 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 6-foot-10 viral basketball phenom Jahzare Jackson has committed to Georgia football

6-foot-10 converted basketball center Jahzare Jackson has committed to play football at Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JackJack Posts: 95 ✭✭✭ Junior

My first thought was, he just might be to tall to play effectively. But that is ole school and I must remind myself to stay current and never misjudge CKS and his talent judgement. If Coach likes his chances, who am I to argue?

• NorthHallDawgNorthHallDawg Posts: 92 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is bizarre. Who saw this coming? He's obviously an athlete with good skills; however, it seems he only played football at best in middle school or youth leagues. I saw where FSU was touting him as a possible TE, and that would make sense if he's as athletic as advertised. A larger version of the Big 0, perhaps? Nonetheless, Kirby and Searels see something here so I'll trust their expertise.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Somebody get a tape measure to see how tall he actually is…the height references are all over the place….6'9" - 7 feet. This guy would be a freight train as a receiver…like the Big O….but bigger…at 340 lbs. Coach Kirby sees the potential so I will go with that.

• Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

CKS is a master coach with an unusual ability to see talent and potential. I’m going with what he says every time.

Go Dawgs!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The '25 OL will be full of questions. CKS has recruited a lot of big bodies with talent. Those that develop will stick and play. Those that don't won't.

You can see the recruiting strategy change right before our eyes. Top rated players want NIL from day 1. OSU now buying David Sanders to add to their war chest. UGA focusing on guys with upside that canbe coached up.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope the DAWGS have a QB tall enough to see field behind these massive OL when that time comes.. GoDAWGS!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

RemInds me of an early version of Tony Boselli. A good athlete with elite size & hand-eye coordination.…and a basketball player's light feet. He seems to have 70% of the tools he'll need on the o-line. The other 30%, being "the mind".

Hard work and repetition, will get him up-to-speed on technique and Bobo-schematics as long as he has "it" between the ears. And, If he's playing for Kirby…....no doubt.…he has that ingredient, too. Lol.

IMO….He should be, "ready for Prime Time", by game 10, if he applies himself.

Go Dawgs….can't wait to see you on the field, Jackson. It was smart to stay home.

edited July 8

Maybe, I misunderstood. Below, was the quote I was referring to.…

“Shoot, I fell in love with the coaches,” he said. “I fell in love with the school. Players were, you know, welcoming when I got there and I’m still in Georgia at the end of the day. I feel like that was a big thing for me. Still being able to be in Georgia.”

It sounded like he was home. Lol. I

• KaseyKasey Posts: 29,246 mod
  • GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TE is intriguing….oh how I miss Big 0….but I'd say Jahzare is going to become the consummate "gap blaster" insuring even a peg legged one eyed anorexic running back a consistent 6 plus yd average!……..Anybody like the ole tackle eligible play???

That would be a very interesting move by Kirby and Bobo.

Convert him to a hybrid TE/OT. Nobody says, "you can't have 4 TE's"....at the Tackle and End positions. 2 on each side. Guess which one is gonna be the eligible receiver. Nothing like running a "Tackle Eligible", on virtually every play.

It's "time", for a little innovation in football. Having the massive collection of "elite talent", in Athens...that Kirby has put together over the last several years....gives him the license, opportunity and resources, to do just that. Innovate....redefine terms and definitions. Think outside the box,in other words.

The only limiting rule that seems relevant....is the one regarding the number of players allowed in the backfield [and eligible player #'s, if that still applies] ...or at least 1 yard off the LOS.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THere was mention in the film of this is how you get a 100 million dollar contract. This guy will only "fill out" as he ages. OL is the most probable route there for him in football.