Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: 4-star DL Christian Garrett decommits from Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 11,084 admin
edited August 11 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 4-star DL Christian Garrett decommits from Georgia football

4-star Prince Avenue Christian DL Christian Garrett has decided to reopen his recruitment.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck grown man...next 4 or 5 star is u next

• jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 174 ✭✭✭ Junior

He won't be the first and he won't be the last. It will be the same with other schools.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck in your future young man. I'm sure there's another future NFL DL, that will love to play for, and be developed by the UGA coaching staff. So, i'm not too concerned with his decision..GoDAWGS!

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he goes to UGA, he could end up sitting behind Elijah Griffin and Justus Terry. If he goes to Tech, he'll be their top recruit in any position — at least for now.

• DawgDad1958DawgDad1958 Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

NIL plays a big part.

• UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

Take a breath DawgNation.  My guess is he was told there are some upcoming DL commitments that will be announced soon and he decided (or was told by the UGA staff) it’s in his best interest to play somewhere else. 

Look for Elijah Griffin and/or Justus Terry to commit to the DAWGS. 

• jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is why it is wise not to get too excited one way or another until their name goes on the paper

• lucydoglucydog Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ Junior

Christian—take time to read the article above from Jeff Sentell—best of luck to you whatever you decide.

• FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck young man.

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is evident to me that Christian is a DAWG at heart. There is no other school that will provide better development at his position than Georgia. I'm thinking that he was given a "heads up" so he decommitted to stand back and see who commits. Even if Griffin and Terry commit, if I was Christian, I'd take whatever was offered by UGA….even if it was a preferred walk on. There is not that much difference in him and Griffin/Terry. I believe this young man has what it takes to become a DGD!

• StonecoolStonecool Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

Probably the majority of these high schoolers have dollar signs in their eyes!

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 441 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The speculation that he sees UGA recruiting players better than him could be correct, but that makes little sense. The Dawgs rotate heavily in the D line. He would get plenty of playing time - assuming he really is the 17th best D lineman in the country. NIL seems more likely to me.