Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart gives positive updates on Jordan Hall, Joenel Aguero ahead of Tennessee Tech

SystemSystem Posts: 11,084 admin
edited September 3 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart gives positive updates on Jordan Hall, Joenel Aguero ahead of Tennessee Tech

Georgia coach Kirby Smart updated the injury situation for Georgia heading into Tennessee Tech.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Will Etienne miss this Saturday as well? Kirby did not let on at least as far as I could read his remarks?

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I respect Kirby's comment about Etienne, I really do. But let's be honest. Kirby already knows what he's going to do. He could just say Etienne won't play or won't be available until the Kentucky game and let it go at that. I don't see how Etienne's (or any other player) is having their name drug through the mud any less by him saying nothing. It's obvious that Etienne isn't injured and also clear that he would be on the field if he could. So, he's not really protecting anyone. Besides, if players are concerned about negative headlines, they could always CHOOSE not to drink and drive.

• jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like KS approach on discipline. Wish we didn't have such situations but we all do nutty things from time to time.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,182 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Besides, if players are concerned about negative headlines, they could always CHOOSE not to drink and drive.”

Best comment I have seen on the subject! So well said!

Go Dawgs!

• khummelkhummel Posts: 903 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad to know the injured kids are working their tails off in rehab. Reckon they know the sooner they get on the field, the sooner they can do what they love, help Georgia wins games, and make a name for themselves. McLeod, in particular, has something to prove. Go Dawgs!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news about Hall. I figured he'd be out a lot longer with a stress fracture, and I had read it was in both legs.

For Mykel, the news is not good but expected. He's not even practicing which means recovery will take some time. I'm still saying hopefully back by Texas at full strength.

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

KPS is the HC, his way is the only way and I'll not criticize cause I'm not walking in his shoes. As HC….the most successful HC in the past several years, KPS is not only responsible for leading the Georgia football program by recruiting, developing and managing a coaching staff but likewise perform the same for every player…..not just to become the best player they can be but to also grow into men worthy of respect and honor to themself, team mates, parents, fans and the university. His intimate knowledge of each player gives him insights unknown to even the players parents and thus allows him to apply "growth evolutions" in response to rule violations uniquely structured for each player…..I watched Trevor Etienne on the sidelines during the game…..the attitude he displayed convinced me that when he returns to the field of play, he will be not only be a better player but one hell of a better man and TEAM Mate.

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 214 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hey, if a KID does something to get in hot water, he'll have to deal with the MUD.

The KID caused it.

When the family has to deal with the MUD too maybe the KID will think twice.

• 87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby understands that "kids" make bad decisions and mistakes and they have to be corrected and taught how to make better decisions, but they don't have to be "drug through the mud" and have their lives displayed in the media. As a parent, I appreciate that he handles the discipline in-house because it's nobody's business but those people in the program. Additionally, this is a great way to endear himself and the program to the parents of future recruits. They understand their kids are going to make mistakes and they're watching how KS handles it. Even when a kid gets in trouble, KS uses it as a recruiting advantage.