Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Final grades from Georgia football 13-12 win over Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 11,046 admin
edited September 15 in Article commenting
imageFinal grades from Georgia football 13-12 win over Kentucky

LEXINGTON, Ky. — Kirby Smart did not have the tone of someone who pulled out a narrow 13-12 win over a Kentucky team that was a three-touchdown underdog.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 15

Not to mention Texas, Ole Miss, and Tennessee, and possibly Ga Tech..

• Billy21Billy21 Posts: 205 ✭✭✭ Junior

go watch Arch Manning’s confidence in his play and then go watch Carson. I wish Carson would show that fire and competitiveness in him. For UGA to have all this top talent they play like their freshman.

• StonecoolStonecool Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman
  • David1David1 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 15

Ok Connor, I think your grades are based on hanging on for the win instead of really how things looked. I agree with special teams getting an A on the FG unit, but had a penalty on a kick return, some really questionable fair catch decisions on punt return and Thorson couldn’t pin them deep. The rest of the team gets a big fat F. The offense definitely deserves this grade. The defense did keep them out of the end zone, but they missed way too many tackles, couldn’t hardly get a 3 and out, and recovered only one fumble. Way too many penalties, some very questionable, but this team doesn’t look disciplined in that area. I’m very concerned about which Georgia team is going to show up in 2 weeks, the team from the 2nd half of the clemson game or the team from last night? I’m not confident at all about that game as I was before last night’s game. And Montana Dawg, you quoted me word for word from my post last night.
    Go Dawgs!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby Smart and “transparent” are words that never should be used together.

I agree with all of the pessimists that have commented, and want to add one thing: We are in week 3, going to week 4-What in the world is going on with all the multiple injured players, on both sides of the ball?! Way more players with all of these nagging injuries that is keeping them off the field GOING INTO week 3 this weekend?

I think that maybe Coach Smart and his “iron sharpening iron” practice schedule maybe needs some tinkering-because that Dawg team I watched last night looked terrible on both sides of the ball-4 defensive lineman out with injury at the same time? I do not think I have ever seen that before going into a week 3 game.

• Tom_BomadilTom_Bomadil Posts: 81 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike Bobo has to GO.

• Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

Football games are won and lost at the LOS. Collectively, I grade our performance last night a C. We will need massive improvement to have a chance vs. Alabama. CKS knows this.

On team resiliency I grade us an A. Proud of our Dawgs for not panicking and imploding.

Go Dawgs!

• BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 208 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tell kids non stop how tough it will be & eventually they believe it & play down to that level. Dawgs need to go into every game with the mentality & confidence to dominate the game. Last night KY came to play on defense & dominated GA’s line. The offense looked lethargic, slow, & timid all night. With the speed & talent on that side of the ball, they should be flying up & down the field. Last night looked like a major step backwards to 2020. Players tend to play like they practice. Resilient or not, with the remaining schedule, the Bobo & his offense better be ruthless & dominating the rest of the season or the Dawgs can forget the 12 team playoff & starting thinking about Memphis, Nashville or Birmingham as their post season destination.