Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Final grades from Georgia football 13-12 win over Kentucky

2»

Comments

• Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

All last week we heard from CKS how physical UK is and how difficult road games are. I agree with those assessments. I agree with others that these points were maybe overemphasized. Change the narrative and focus on how WE will be physical, how WE will set the tone, and how WE will control the game.

Go Dawgs!

• Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 440 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

very generous grading by Connor. I give Beck a D. Not an F only because he hit the pass to Lovett that was crucial in sealing the win. Otherwise, he looked like he’d never played football before. Failure to check out of runs when KY had 8 or 9 men in the box is inexcusable. Fumbling a perfect snap - say what!?

Oline gets a D- only because they occasionally decided to block. Oh, to have either coach Pittman or coach Luke back would probably be helpful. Greene looked lost most of the night.

Coaches get an F. Team not prepared. Team seemed frightened to be in Lexington playing a team that lost to South Carolina on that same field by a 31-9 score. Kirby kept saying how hard it would be to beat a mediocre KY. I thought we never worried about the other team but only focused on making sure we play to the “Georgia Standard.” If that’s true why harp constantly bout how good KY is. Go out Nd ply Georgia football. Didn’t do it.

Overall grade is a D-. The football field known as Kroger Field is exactly the same length and width as Dooley Field at Sanford Stadium. Good teams ignore the setting and do their thing we didn’t.

Need to stop telling the team how hard it is to win on the road in the SEC. Tell the young men to play their best and have fun. Quit playing scared, which Carson clearly did. Quit calling plays so conservatively and let it rip. Be aggressive on offense. On defense, learn how to tackle. KY running backs often gained 2 to 5 yards AFTER initial contact. Tackling was mostly poor. Fortunately we were playing a team without much of an offense. They’ve scored 21 points total in the last two weeks on their home field.

Stop the excuses! Get back to playing football.

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭ Junior

What QB performs well with 300 pound dudes in their face?

• MaxMax Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

Reading your comment, I thought of Kirby’s quote “The U of Georgia will not be hunted, we will do the hunting” What happened to that mentality?.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didn't realize our tight ends only have seven (7) catches all season. I guess Bowers really spoiled us. But I think Yurosec is already a bust. Nate Frazier needs to get first-half touches, and get them in space. That's his game. I don't know what to say about Beck. I have never thought he was as good as the press and Kirby says he is, but I believe he's better than he played last night. He'll win plenty of games, but he's not the guy who's going to win you a game when everything else is going wrong. He was a pre-season Heisman candidate but at this point, does anyone truly believe that Beck is better than Jalen Milroe, Jackson Dart, Quinn Ewers — or even Arch Manning? Heck, Saturday night he wasn't even better than Brock Vandagriff. Now, a lot of fans want to believe (or maybe hope) that Saturday night was the Dawg's annual "wake-up call" game. I hope that's true and that it wasn't the beginning of a trend. Go Dawgs!

• SloanDawgSloanDawg Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

All-in on CKS, but good grief!

A few head scratchers…

Didn’t see anything new from KY defense, but remained committed to Bobo-Richt playbook?

Etienne "dealing with a shoulder injury", while our best RB to date Nate Frazier only gets one carry?

Did Lawson Luckie travel?

Mondon searching for his mojo?

• deputydogdeputydog Posts: 137 ✭✭✭ Junior

Both Beck and Bobo had bad games. Both were too predictable and Beck just was not sharp. Raise the level of play or UGA will get embarrassed by Bama. I hate Bama more than any other team and Kirby needs to solve these dudes this time.