Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Report: Georgia football learns injury status of Tate Ratledge

SystemSystem Posts: 11,115 admin
edited September 16 in Article commenting
imageReport: Georgia football learns injury status of Tate Ratledge

Georgia will be without offensive guard Tate Ratledge moving forward. The offensive guard picked up knee an ankle injuries in Saturday’s 13-12 win over Kentucky, spending the second half in a walking boot and knee brace.

Read the full story here

Comments

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 425 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The bigger problem might be that Tate was the main backup center for J. Wilson.

I am sure the coaches have a second backup but depth could be a problem if Wilson were to go down.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What is it with injuries and the Kentucky game???

That ought to tell people how tough they play us.

In 2020, wasn't Jordan Davis injured and knocked out for the FU game?
    I think someone else got knocked out in that game.

• Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can you ever imagine a UGA team that for at last a half a season or the start of the season to have a full roster of healthy starters?

Every year this program is chalk full of injured players even before the season starts…this year it's been Def Lineman that have felt the brunt of injury after injury… now our top off lineman. Yes…I know guys injuries are part of the game but dam this program year after year has 10-15 players at some point out for the season or parts of the season…Just once I'd welcome a little luck with the Injury bug to stay the freak away…

Kirby has created a monster with UGA, 97-16 GO DAWGS!!!

• MaxMax Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 16

And maybe it’s the Munson “doom & gloom” that's in me, but in addition to our significant injuries it seems to me that our competitors have none.

• UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m not an expert, but E Greene did not look good Saturday. He got beat several times leading to hits on Beck. For all the talk about how great the line was going to be this year that is the biggest surprise to me. They have time to get it together and for any chance at a Championship run I hope they do. We have runner and a passer and catchers, but that means nothing if we don’t have blockers.

On another note defensive line held up extremely well given depth issues. I hope we get some depth back soon. They are doing an amazing job at the moment but I fear they cannot keep up like this all season.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ugh. Yeah, it's difficult to lose someone at a core position like that, who is anticipated to be an early 2nd round pick.The only upside is the timing: Smart has 2 weeks to get alternate plans in place before the "meat of the schedule" starts. If he can reasonably come back by Nov then that should give him enough time to show to NFL scouts he's ready for the NFL.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was so hoping Tate would survive the KY scrum…..this is not good. Bama is up next. Tate has ongoing foot issues. They are hard to heal. Not sure what knee problem is?

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Actually @Max, Texas Longhorns two top running backs are out for the season, I believe. And, of course, Quinn Ewers went down last Saturday (although Arch Manning looked more than capable of filling in). Alabama was without its top offensive lineman against South Florida. Florida has 10 guys out this past Saturday, including one of the best wide receivers in the SEC. Believe me, our competitors have injury issues, too. We just don't hear about them because, quite frankly, we aren't focused on those teams until we play them. Go Dawgs!

• deputydogdeputydog Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

There were many facits of the game that UGA did not play well, but for me Beck has to be better. He needs to raise his level of play or forget about a championship this year too many near misses on pass that should be receptions.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Big loss when you lose your most experienced player on the OL.Best wishes for a speedy, and full recovery young man..GoDAWGS!

• Thomas77Thomas77 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭ Junior

Offensively, I think it is key to get back to using tight-ends as a primary bread and butter, pass and catch option to help free up receivers and to help open the running game to its full potential. Offensive line needs help with blocking, Beck needs more time.