Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Shoulder injury or not, Carson Beck and the Georgia offense know what has to change

SystemSystem Posts: 11,046 admin
edited September 17 in Article commenting
imageShoulder injury or not, Carson Beck and the Georgia offense know what has to change

ATHENS — Carson Beck did his best to downplay the idea that he was playing through pain on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior

play calling must improve as well as Dbacks. Bama got a young kid at WR that can fly

• busterchapbusterchap Posts: 94 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Georgia had only 63 yards of offense"

🙃

• BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don't blame the players. Bobo has relapsed again. He forget everything Monken told him. Kirby, never hire your family or friends. It never works out very well.

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good grief, can we play a different record? Every year it is the same. Good games and everyone is flying high on the team and then a “not great” game and suddenly everyone claims how bad we are and that our football world is coming to an end. 

Yes, I hate the hard headedness on going back to that danged screen pass over and over and the runs up the middle and yes, I do worry about outcomes during the game but I never fear the future because I trust our team and, while I may question at times, I trust our coaching. And I am glad for the week off because I am expecting a great performance against alabama.

• Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike Tyson once said "Everybody got a plan until they get punched in the face". Kentucky punched us in face. Hard. We had no plan. Although there were some positives I'm not pleased with how we responded. Everything has to improve.

Go Dawgs!

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Speaking of Lambo's……if you drive one for 4 quarters under 30 the plugs foul, gas mileage drops precipitously and you barely get to where you want to go in a timely manner….If you continue to drive in this manner sooner than later you don't get to where you want to go. I don't pretend to know the reason our offensive play calling was stale vanilla but I believe it was the reason our execution was way off and thus our offensive production suffered….The Dawgs did just enough to win the game…..hopefully in Tuscaloosa we'll be highly tuned, revved up and ready to play hit and run…..Hopefully in Tuscaloosa The Dawgs will leave tire tracks all over Bryant-Denny and speed home with the checkered flag waving high.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 17

If you watched the Texas vs Michigan game in Week 1, you saw how a high flying, aggressive, in-your-face, efficient offensive train is supposed to operate in today's game. TX appears to be a Championship caliber team with elite playmakers. Ewers and the TX offense was on fire again Saturday when Ewers went out with an oblique injury. But with Arch inserted they didn't skip a beat. Sure, it was against a lesser opponent but Sark is calling a great game plan so far this season. Even Bama looked like their old self last Saturday.

The sky may not be falling for the Dawgs, but KY exposed glaring issues/weaknesses that must be addressed quickly whether or not the KY game was a one-off blip or much more. Let's just hope that CKS works his magic and rights the ship. And I am definitely ready to see some real fire and leaders step up on this Dawg team. We've got a tough road ahead.

• Tom_BomadilTom_Bomadil Posts: 81 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pleeease. Don't blame things on Beck's shoulder. Beck is turning into more of a pretender than a contender. He speaks of the Heisman trophy and first pick in NFL draft as his goals. He needs to come down to earth. Get out of that Lamborghini and stop believing the media hype.

• deputydogdeputydog Posts: 137 ✭✭✭ Junior

One of the strengths of UGA was suppose to be it OL and that group has not played up to the status expected of them. Beck has only been so so. The offense has got to play better or we could be looking at least 3 losses. The defense will become more efficient if they can ever set an edge.

• Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am going to go out on a limb here, and everyone that has seen my screen name and read my posts knows I am diehard Dawgs all the way-

I believe the Kentucky game was not a one-off. I believe Coach Smart knew his team was vulnerable on the offensive side of the ball, called by his BFF, Bobo. Coach Smart lost too many offensive weapons to the draft, and didn’t do a great enough job to his standard of replacing them with the 2024 draft class or the 2023 class.

Our Dawgs will go 6-3 the rest of the way-NO WAY this team will defeat Alabama at their house AT NIGHT the Saturday after next-Jalen Milroe will embarrass us as will our own offense with Bobo’s play calling and lack of imagination and ability to overcome the overall lack of talent AND experience at the skill positions.

Furthermore, if the other 2 losses are to Texas at their house and then to UT at home- Georgia will also be left out of the 12 team playoff.

If they are able to defeat Ole Miss on the road, I still do not see a pathway.

So a 9-3 season will wrap it up-some will blame injuries or make other excuses-but it won’t matter. The reality will be what it is.

And the million dollar question will be this: Who is going to lead Georgia in 2025 at the QB position, and will they even be considered a top 5 preseason team?

You cannot win perennially in today’s game with just having an elite defense. You must have a established QB and weapons at his disposal to go with a good to great defense.

That is my prediction, remember it here and now, so you can make me eat crow after the Alabama game!

Go Dawgs!

• Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@87dawg

You “trust” Mike Bobo’s coaching??

More power to you, Dawg fan!

God Bless your optimism!