Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football-Alabama live updates, score, injury news, analysis for Week 5 game

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 28

I agree, Beck aint the QB the media hyped him to be, he's just another average college QB. Stockton or Puglisi definitely couldn't play any worse than Beck has..give em both a shot in the 2nd half.

• dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 422 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Are we Clemson 2.0?

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Beck is trying hard to throw yet another INT unbelievable !!

Beck is trying hard to throw yet another INT unbelievable !!

• dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 422 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby has lost this team.

Our Over Rated O Line breaking down badly now.

• ShadyGradyShadyGrady Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Beck had no chance there, but he put himself in that position with two terrible throws on 1st, 2nd down. Again, he shouldn't be out for another series.

Clemson has actually improved since their loss to the DAWGS..while UGA has took a step backwards

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 28

1st half observations: we stink tonight.

SO MANY issues that I don't know where to begin: the biggest ones include...

• BECK isn't a Heisman QB and never was. Milroe might be.
    • We can't tackle, cover, or contain the EDGE
    • Cannot contain Milroe
    • Bama winning the LOS
    • Still no use of our TEs
    • Giving up too many big plays
    • Turnovers

If this game doesn't convince you that the Dawgs were way overhyped and way overrated then I guess you are blind. My concern after KY was well warranted. All of you that disagreed with fans like me were apparently wearing rose colored glasses, and you might want to take them off. Worst half of football that I have EVER seen from a Kirby Smart team.

How can we come out of a BYE week so unprepared????

"Our offense hasn't been bad." WHAT GAME HAS KIRBY BEEN WATCHING?!!!

NO WAY Nick Saban would go with Beck as his second half QB. Again, SEND A MESSAGE!!!

Stockton, Stockton, Stockton, Pugs, Pugs, Pugs !!! Bring Em on second half Please !! Beck is a joke at least tonight he is. Unfortunately I think he’s been exposed totally for now and the future.

edited September 28

I'm sure NFL scouts are taking note of Becks supposed talent, or should say lack of talent? Beck A potential 1st rounder? That's hilarious! He'll be lucky if he's picked before the 3rd round after this season.

• Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 455 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@JimWallace

And others having to endure this disaster from our Dawgs:

Remember this from Sept 18 after the Kentucky embarrassment?

I am going to go out on a limb here, and everyone that has seen my screen name and read my posts over the years know I am a diehard Dawgs all the way-so this isn’t easy for me to post.

I believe the Kentucky game was not a one-off. I believe Coach Smart knew his team was vulnerable on the offensive side of the ball, called by his BFF, Bobo. Coach Smart lost too many offensive weapons to the draft, and didn’t do a great enough job to his standard of replacing them with the 2024 draft class or the 2023 class.

Our Dawgs will go 6-3 the rest of the way-NO WAY I have faith this team will defeat Alabama at their house AT NIGHT the Saturday after next-Jalen Milroe will embarrass us as will our own offense with Bobo’s play calling and lack of imagination and ability to overcome the overall lack of talent AND experience at the skill positions-Carson Beck is not Stetson Bennett or Aaron Murray-at least he hasn’t proven to me that he is.

Furthermore, if the other 2 losses are to Texas at their house and then to UT at home- Georgia will also be left out of the 12 team playoff.

If they are able to defeat Ole Miss on the road, I still do not see a pathway for them as the #3 or #4 team from the SEC.

So a 9-3 season will wrap it up-some will blame injuries or make other excuses-but it won’t matter. The reality will be what it is and there will be no denying it-We are what our record says we are.

And the million dollar question will be this: Who is going to lead Georgia in 2025 at the QB position, and will they even be considered a top 5 preseason team?

You cannot win perennially in today’s game with just having an elite defense. You must have an established QB and weapons at his disposal to go with a good to great defense.

missing out on Manning was one thing-but to have Raiola flip away as well-hurts. As much as we do not want to admit that, it is true.

That is my prediction, remember it here and now, so you can make me eat crow after the Alabama game! I will gladly put on a bib and munch down with no hot sauce.

Go Dawgs!

• Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 220 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is embarrassing. Beck is horrible. I don't blame people when they say sit him. Try Gunner or anybody. Beck ain't it right now. Brock looked better than him. I don't want to say the game is over because anything can happen and I'm a optimistic dawg until the end , but it maybe over.