Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Contenders or Pretenders

dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Very disappointed in Saturday's result. What is with the flat first halves? So, what do you all think we have this year? Are we like Saban's team last year? Can we win out? What are y'alls thoughts on the future of this team?

Comments

• DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

it depends. Can we. Yes. Will we who knows. Nothing to this point shows we are capabalr of winnning out. Slow first halves in every game and looking like a deer in headlights on the road. Somebody has got to bring the swagger. Somebody has got to be that dude. And frankly we have to play better. The second halves of games show we are good enough but it’s sixty minutes of mistake free football. Too many turnovers and too many penalties at this point will get you beat by Texas on the road. Frankly That has to change

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

totally agree about Walker on D. Need someone on offense that brings the swagger and someone has got to lead these guys from snap 1 not snap 40. Not just when backs against the wall and you have no choice but to sling it. On paper I thought this offense would be ferocious this year. Experience second year qb, solid OL, ETN from portal. Someone has got to be the leader and we’ve got to stop the mistakes. We can get by the kentuckys playing like that but not ala, Tex, tenn.

• donniemdonniem Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds about right, except for maybe the OL isn't as solid as we thought and then we lose Ratledge.

glad you are and hope you’re right!! Alabama was up 28-0 And it felt like they relaxed a little mid 3rd qtr as is a tendency when up that big. It almost cost them as we did fight and claw back which was very encouraging. The D did what they had to do in the second half to give us a chance until that final drive. I want to see us dictate the game from snap 1. We were the hunted on Saturday not the hunters. I want to see less mistakes from our veteran qb. Theirs played way better than ours and was the difference in the game. I want to see the first guy make the tackle. Until we do those things consistently I can’t say with confidence that we are championship material. We have it on paper but need to see it in action.

• Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was it 2022 that they played so many flat first quarters and halves? They pulled wins out of the hat but left us wondering if they'd be able to win big games.