Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

USA Today says Bobo has to go

1235»

Comments

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All you guys are in denial. Smith has been great this year overall. We have a solid receiving corps. The problem is the arrow, not the Indians. 🤣

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure about Smith. Agree that he has improved a lot since last year but he still has his "moments". Just seems that sometimes his mind wanders. That drop at the beginning of the game and his running a downfield route while the rest of the team was clearly running a slip screen causing a pick in this game for example. That said, he has made some big plays with a lot fewer drops.

Beck has me confused. His accuracy is absolutely not what it was last year and he seems very quick to check down rather than giving routes time to open up. Was really confused on the play where he fumbled. Why did he even leave the pocket? There was no real pressure. And why was he carrying the ball out away from his body as if he was about to throw but not even looking downfield? Not ready to throw him under the bus or anything but just don't get it. Lack of off season work? Don't know.

He was too busy driving his Lamborghini to practice? J|K. IDK either. 🤷‍♂️

I kept reading here from certain posters here that Beck was vastly superior to our two-time Natty-winning QB. That we were all going to be blown away by his performance. The stats, baby, the stats! As I sit here today, unless something changes, I won’t be surprised in the event Beck goes undrafted and spends his days selling used lambo’s. 😇

• donniemdonniem Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think you are joshing. But, just in case, are you a betting man?

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,277 mod
  • Joe31Joe31 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for pointing this out. I agree 100%, and have made similar comments to that effect on a different thread.

• DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

not going to lie I did laugh out loud envisioning big bird running down the field.as mentioned before Becks got to limit mistakes and play with the second half swagger from snap 1. There wasn’t as much pressure on him in the second half as the first half due to score. When you are down big and have nothing to lose you’re not facing the same pressure of the big game moment. But make no mistake he looked like a star in the second half. Beck has the tools to be great and lead this team. I’d rather see 250 yards and no turnovers than 439 and 4. Tough to win with 4 no matter the other stats. However, Hes not the only one that can play better but it starts with him. The leader of this team and potential top 5 draft pick has to be the guy.

• JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the next couple of games the coaches should get Beck to take his time in the pocket…
    I don't think that he can't hit the big plays as much as he doesn't really ever practice doing it because he takes the easiest, quickest read possible.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's a great highlight film if you need to be reminded of how good Carson can be and how scary out passing game can be. In my opinion, most of us were already well aware.

The problems we've all seen are not included in the highlight film.

Yes, the mistakes can be fixed. I join you in hoping they will be, and soon. Bobo has his work cut out for him.

(Kirby and Company are good fixers, but coaches can't execute.)

Go, Dawgs!