Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Tennessee does Tennessee things

GeorgiaDawgs912GeorgiaDawgs912 Posts: 168 mod

Comments

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, look at all those UT alums! Texas A&M did something similar earlier this year after Fisher got there.

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What the hell is this lol! How dare they claim Leonard Floyd from us lol! They even stole Honey Badger, Ha Ha Clinton Dix, and Nick Fairly too.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2018

Aside from the fact that this poster is a graphic nightmare, it is an open admission, "No one would like the real me." Also, I think some names are repeated. I would say that whoever did this should be fired, but I think a middle school student (maybe Phil's great grand daughter) is responsible.

They really "Tennessee-ed" that one.

• mmoondawgmmoondawg Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ Junior

These players may have been position coached by these coaches at some point and time but WHERE they played had a TON to do with their success too. Did anyone notice only one played at UT? Bah Ha!

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What kind of nonsense are they gonna fake claim next? A Tennessee flag instead of an American flag on the moon? SMDH.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love how twitter has immediately called out this ad/tweet for the BS it is. Sometimes society lets me down with the things they believe on the internet, but not today. Thank you good people of twitter.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 said:

@greygoose01 said:
    What kind of nonsense are they gonna fake claim next? A Tennessee flag instead of an American flag on the moon? SMDH.

Someone should do a parody ad. Tennessee coaches claiming ridiculous things like the moon landing, catching Bin Laden, or inventing the iPhone.

Please, please, pretty please...someone do this!

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting they put the Nike Swoosh in there for some reason.

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t internet much besides our forum, is there a chance this isn’t a legit media product from the university? I ask trying very hard to give them a gracious out...

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Be coached by the best, then become the best."

• Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I kinda liked the "Open Letter" from Fulmer to Pruitt which basically said, "Coach 'em up like I did and we'll be great again". He probably should have added, "just try not to get fired"

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Decent article on how a lot of schools do this. You'll notice all of them are mid tier schools, fighting to be relevant/top 25 teams. Luckily we don't see UGA anywhere on it. Haven't seen Kirby claim Bama players on twitter. Thank goodness.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/4/13/17067178/nfl-drafted-players-by-school-recruiting-social-media

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll give them credit for trying something a little outside the box at least. They certainly don't have anything on their own merit to crow about the last 12-15 yrs (read as basically the lifetime of current high school recruits).

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BojanglesInsider said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@mattmd2 said:

@greygoose01 said:

Someone should do a parody ad. Tennessee coaches claiming ridiculous things like the moon landing, catching Bin Laden, or inventing the iPhone.

Well.....Al Gore is from Tennessee, and he invented the internet and climate change.

Every winter solstice the pagan polytheists and wiccans dance around a warm bonfire and sing praises to Al Gore for climate change

Especially since it was still snowing up North this year in April.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 said:

@greygoose01 said:

@JoelSidneyKelly