Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Tennessee does Tennessee things

124»

Comments

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@corai3 said:
    http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/291776-pruitt-wins.html

Some of these comments are gold...these guys are truly idiots.

So much of the logic used is that a “good” coach should be able to play reasonably close enough to upset a more talented team. People not vols fans all agree UGA is closing in on bama’s talent level so that begs the question from me: how many times has bama been upset by a less team? If that’s your plan....

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheOneKnownasBrian said:
    So if Kirby won with Richt's players and has had record setting recruiting classes since getting here . . .

Then... why couldn’t CMR?

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

So if Kirby won with Richt's players and has had record setting recruiting classes since getting here . . .

Because he is the Charlie Brown of college football?

Of all the Charlie Brown moments during CMR's career, which one is the Charlie Brown-iest?

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:

@bmauldin said:

Of all the Charlie Brown moments during CMR's career, which one is the Charlie Brown-iest?

Squib kick against GT.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@pgjackson said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@bmauldin said:

Squib kick against GT.

"But that was the play Coach called!!"

edited May 2018

Let's see....I rank my top-5 Charlie Brown moments like this....

1. GT squib kick
    2. Faton Bauta debacle
    3. Giving up 400-plus rushing yards in a loss to a Florida team in 2014 that was starting their #3 QB, and they only threw 6 passes.
    4. Not spiking the ball against Alabama in the 2012 SEC Title game.
    5. At Miami.....Getting beat by a 5-7 Pitt team while ranked #2, and it led to a total collapse with Miami losing the last 3 in a row.
  • DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2018

@UnderDog68 said:

1. GT squib kick
    2. Faton Bauta debacle
    3. Giving up 400-plus rushing yards in a loss to a Florida team in 2014 that was starting their #3 QB, and they only threw 6 passes.
    5. At Miami.....Getting beat by a 5-7 Pitt team while ranked #2, and it led to a total collapse with Miami losing the last 3 in a row.

Can you find a place on your top five CMR is Charlie Brown list for this gem?

2008 Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate
    Dawgs trying for an eighth consecutive win in the series.
    At the half, Dawgs leading 28-12.
    Charlie Brown coaches the second half.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go big orange... man i cant wait to BEAT them

edited May 2018

@DirtDawg said:

@UnderDog68 said:

1. GT squib kick
    2. Faton Bauta debacle

Forgot all about that one, if you can believe it. That was truly a frustrating afternoon, and a frustrating season, after being the pre-season #1, only to have 3 losses and some crap bowl game. That season was the beginning of the end for CMR, in my opinion.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DirtDawg said:

@UnderDog68 said:

1. GT squib kick
    2. Faton Bauta debacle

2014, down 3 to the Gamecocks, five minutes left, 1st and goal at the four. Gurley, Marshall, Chubb, and Michel are all available to carry the ball; four chances to pound the ball an average of one yard per carry...

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I remember