Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Is DawgNation staff working on some kind of video review of games?

levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've sat there watching ESPN for an half an hour in the past just waiting for the Bulldog game highlights. And when the highlights finally do come round, they're lame and basic. I have no idea if it can be monetized or not. I have no real idea of how DawgNation makes their money. But their is a hole in the market around the need for more robust highlights that are more intelligent, and more on-demand (so you don't have to watch ESPN waiting for them to come on).

And not just the long touchdown pass I'm talking about. At least a few plays trying to summarize how Chubb performed overall (not just how he scored). The same for Eason and anybody else who has an important day. And it doesn't have to be critique necessarily, but just an idea of what it seemed like Chaney was trying to accomplish offensively (for better or for worse, just what he was trying to do). The same for Tucker and the defense. Plus if anything funny happened during the game, that needs to be in there too.

More intelligent, robust highlights is really missing from the market.

Comments

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd watch it. Worst part about college football is that by Sunday, meaningful highlights and commentary are bare bones so that networks can make time for NFL previews/games/highlights.

• sethemersonsethemerson Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yes, I do that after every game. It usually runs the Monday after a game. It's called "At Second Glance," and if you do a search through the system here you can find some examples.

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@sethemerson said:
    Yes, I do that after every game. It usually runs the Monday after a game. It's called "At Second Glance," and if you do a search through the system here you can find some examples.

Seth,

You'd have to get rebroadcast rights or something similar to post a video with commentary instead of writing an article, right?

• daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The SEC Network does a recap show that just shows highlights from the SEC games. They replay it several times Saturday night into Sunday morning. It's an hour long show & they do a good job of focusing on each individual game. I enjoy watching it @levander. They also have shows on during the week nights that preview the coming weekend games.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@sethemerson said:

And it's a good, well written series. And it will definitely be something I make sure to check out after every game this coming year.

But I want video!

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@daddydawg72 said:
    The SEC Network does a recap show that just shows highlights from the SEC games. They replay it several times Saturday night into Sunday morning. It's an hour long show & they do a good job of focusing on each individual game. I enjoy watching it @levander. They also have shows on during the week nights that preview the coming weekend games.

Thank you @daddydawg72. This sounds like something my DVR will be recording on a regular basis this coming year.

• cliffhangercliffhanger Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

@levander said:

@sethemerson said:

And it's a good, well written series. And it will definitely be something I make sure to check out after every game this coming year.

But I want video!

I second that