Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: Devon Gales walks with help of training equipment, staff

SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

12 steps. Devon Gales took a dozen steps on Thursday.

With the help of two physical therapists and training equipment, Gales, who suffered a significant neck injury while playing for Southern University against Georgia in the fall of 2015, walked on Thursday. Watch the inspiring video Gales Tweeted below:

Gales was injured on a kickoff return collision with former Georgia kicker Marshall Morgan. Since then, Gales has been taken in by the Bulldogs as one of their own, initially led by former coach Mark Richt and continued by Bryant Gantt and the current staff.

Gales has appeared at Georgia football and basketball games during the last year and a half since his injury and had a long stay at the Shepherd Center in Atlanta before being able to return home to Baton Rouge.

He has occasionally posted videos of his progress on Twitter, always keeping a positive attitude and maintaining his goal of walking on his own one day. And in February, Georgia announced a fundraising initiative to help the Gales family build a new house

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/watch-devon-gales-walks-help-training-equipment-staff

Tagged:

Comments

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, that is AWESOME to see! That put a smile on my face. You keep up the hard work, Devon. We're pulling for you, buddy!

GO DEVON!!
    GO DAWGS!!

• Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pretty inspiring. Happy for Devon.

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You know, whenever I get frustrated or down about the crazy, little things going on in my life, the Big Man exposes me to something like this to help me keep a proper perspective! I couldn't be happier for Devon, nor prouder of Dawgnation for their support of this young man! Keep going Devon, we are all pulling and praying for you fervently!