Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Scott Stricklin, was the raise and extension earned ?

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't believe it was, but it might have been necessary.
Recruiting is a great challenge in being able to wait till a HC actually earns an extension in college sports.
If not for needing the appearance of stability, I'd think he would need at least 2 winning seasons to have actually earned it.
The man has a losing record and he's talking as if this season was some pinnacle, Kirby doesn't think a season where he was a play away from winning it all was the top of the mountain, I mean he didn't win a post season game, not 1.

We've seen this near death experience play out for what, 5 years with Richt ? Every bit of success either moves us forward or delays the inevitable, only time will tell which situation we're in with Stricklin.

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I misstated, of course we won 2 regional games at home, can the original post be edited ?

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia is currently riding a huge wave of great times, & goodwill. There were some thrilling wins on the football field from last season, & those aren’t too distant memories ... yet. UGA Alumni (some) with nice heels on their shoes, & some deep pockets too, have recently written some very large checks. Coach Strickland & the Diamond DAWGS are the latest in yet another chapter that is “Glory, glory”....IMHO, GM (like him?, or not?) is doing a very good job at this point in time. GO DAWGS!!!

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:
    Georgia is currently riding a huge wave of great times, & goodwill. There were some thrilling wins on the football field from last season, & those aren’t too distant memories ... yet. UGA Alumni (some) with nice heels on their shoes, & some deep pockets too, have recently written some very large checks. Coach Strickland & the Diamond DAWGS are the latest in yet another chapter that is “Glory, glory”....IMHO, GM (like him?, or not?) is doing a very good job at this point in time. GO DAWGS!!!

In track & field for sure.
    I won't give McGarity credit for hiring Kirby since our boosters zeroed in on him long before Richt was fired.
    Again, I'm still in the show me more camp on Stricklin.