Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The hidden delete draft button

levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Somebody mentioned this awhile back on the board.

Has anybody found it on an iPad? The instructions I remember sounded like how to do it on a desktop PC using a mouse. And I tried it with my finger on my iPad, didn’t work.

And it would be nice if I could do it at the end of the thread where I thought about posting something, but decided not to. Rather than go into the drafts page, click on the draft, find the hidden delete draft button...

Comments

• DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander, I found this in another thread. Good luck.

@moos said:
    On the mobile version of the site, not necessarily the app, there's a dark 'x' to delete each draft on the top right of each draft in your profile. May not be easy to see, depending on your brightness settings

The same thread has these instructions from @Palm_City_Dawg for deleting drafts from a computer....

@Palm_City_Dawg said:
    You can also delete them yourself. Click on your "draft folder", then, without opening the individual draft, run your cursor over the upper right hand corner of the draft "banner". When your cursor arrow changes to a hand/pointed finger, left click, and it will delete the draft.

Props to @Hank for teaching me how to do that awhile back!

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks Dirt Dawg. It looks like I got the desktop version of the web site on an iPad. So there’s no X for each draft on the drafts page.

But for whatever reason, the PC instructions where you just click at the empty space on the top right are working now. Not sure if I did something wrong or if something changed from before..

But I’m going through and seeing how much patience I have to keep clicking delete on drafts. I’ve already gotten rid of a bunch of them. I’ll see how many more I’m willing to delete before I get sick of it...

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks Guys!!!! I just deleted 15 Drafts....

Weird, when I left the Drafts page to respond to Dirt Dawg, it seemed like I had an endless supply of drafts to delete...

But I went back to that page and there were only 14 over there...

All gone!

Thanks Dirt Dawg.

• Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good stuff I’ve been wondering.

• MotorCityDawgMotorCityDawg Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thanks. Goodness it even created drafts when I'd accidentally pressed the quote button. 20+ drafts.

@MotorCityDawg said:
    Thanks. Goodness it even created drafts when I'd accidentally pressed the quote button. 20+ drafts.

Yeah, overall I like the software. But it’s pretty clear whoever inside Cox wrote the software doesn’t use it. Because there are some lingering bugs that are just annoying.

I get the sense that there’s a layer of bureaucracy between the journalists who work their ass off every day to make this a great site and the engineers who are responsible for the technical end. Biggest example was Jeff getting it done for us, but it took him like a month to get tiger unbanned when he was accidentally banned. Kind of Kafka-esque The Trial type stuff.

Does anyone know what forum software this site is running? I haven’t noticed it yet. My guess is they started with an off-the-shelf package like phpbb or something, then modified it heavily. Hence the functionality I don’t see on other sites as well as the bugs.

@levander said:

@MotorCityDawg said:

Yeah, overall I like the software. But it’s pretty clear whoever inside Cox wrote the software doesn’t use it. Because there are some lingering bugs that are just annoying.

I get the sense that there’s a layer of bureaucracy between the journalists who work their ass off every day to make this a great site and the engineers who are responsible for the technical end. Biggest example was Jeff getting it done for us, but it took him like a month to get tiger unbanned when he was accidentally banned. Kind of Kafka-esque The Trial type stuff.

Does anyone know what forum software this site is running? I haven’t noticed it yet. My guess is they started with an off-the-shelf package like phpbb or something, then modified it heavily. Hence the functionality I don’t see on other sites as well as the bugs.

@lavender - I've been known to read other boards (like when Cade Mayes flipped and when Quay Walker tossed his hat). I usually leave with a good laugh. I always leave knowing the DawgNation board works better than theirs.

@levander said:

@MotorCityDawg said:

vanillaforums.com is what this site probably uses. the direct link to ignore sent me to a weird confirmation page with a vanilla logo and a link to that site

@DirtDawg said:

@levander said:

@MotorCityDawg said:

@lavender - I've been known to read other boards (like when Cade Mayes flipped and when Quay Walker tossed his hat). I usually leave with a good laugh. I always leave knowing the DawgNation board works better than theirs.

There are way worse forums out there that are almost unreadable. I haven't been here long but it's easy to navigate. Only problems I have here are drafts and how useless ignore is

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is what I see in “Full Site” mode on an Iphone 6s.

I don’t see any x’s but tapping the far right corner of each draft will delete it.

@MotorCityDawg said:

@DirtDawg said:

@levander said:

@MotorCityDawg said:

There are way worse forums out there that are almost unreadable. I haven't been here long but it's easy to navigate. Only problems I have here are drafts and how useless ignore is

Yeah, usually I’m able to ignore the couple of lingering bugs. But occasionally they’ll really start to irritate me about this place for a couple of days... They’re there. Usually I can ignore them.

@MotorCityDawg said:

@levander said:

@MotorCityDawg said:

vanillaforums.com is what this site probably uses. the direct link to ignore sent me to a weird confirmation page with a vanilla logo and a link to that site

Wow, $599/month if they’ve subscribed to the cheap package!

https://vanillaforums.com/en/plans/

Don’t think I’ve ever used commercial software on a message board before. This is probably the only site I’ve ever used that had for-pay message board software...

Well, Morningstar.com I used to hang out on. They’ve got a in-house built system that’s really behind the times. They need to 86 and go with an off-the-shelf system. People like have to email the board administrator (a Morningstar employee) if they want to communicate privately with anybody. And it was like if they both agreed, he would send them both each other’s email addresses. There’s no PM functionality on their board.

Above average journalism on Morningstar.com. Christine Benz is stellar. If you’ve got financial questions, I recommend seeing if she ever wrote anything about it. They’ve got a few goofballs floating around trying to look professional. And they’ve got a really annoying economist always trying to predict what’s gonna happen. Bob something or other. Then there’s all the behind the scenes people that aren’t journalists but are financial analysts. When they come out of writing reports and show up occasionally in the media area, those guys are usually really interesting.