Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Blazer RS 2019 - Made for the Dawg in You

FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Off Topic (reminder) Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in the purchase or lease etc of any vehicle or in GM or its subsidiaries (as far as I know).

For 2019, Chevrolet is re-issuing the Blazer. For the Dawg, the Blazer RS is heaven sent: red and black exterior, with black interior with red trim.

Perhaps 2019 will be wonderful (includes playoffs for 2018 season! Link follows:

https://chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/all-new-blazer

Tagged:

Comments

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m a ford guy, but I would take a k5 instead.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

This reminds me of a neighbor I once had. Unfortunately, he was a HUGE Florida Gator’s fan. However, he drove a Mini Cooper that was a beautiful RED & BLACK dream! It looked much like this one. I once reminded this “Florida guy” what an AWESOME GEORGIA BULLDOG car he had. You should’ve seen the look on his face! Priceless. Unbelievable, it’s like the thought had never once occurred to him, prior to my mentioning it? Really!?! That’s the impression that he gave to me, when his smile quickly turned into a sour scowl after I’d informed him about his car’s perfect Georgia Bulldogs color scheme. Perhaps not all of the Florida folks are all that bright? GO DAWGS!!!

• jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:
    Off Topic (reminder) Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in the purchase or lease etc of any vehicle or in GM or its subsidiaries (as far as I know).

For 2019, Chevrolet is re-issuing the Blazer. For the Dawg, the Blazer RS is heaven sent: red and black exterior, with black interior with red trim.

Perhaps 2019 will be wonderful (includes playoffs for 2018 season! Link follows:

https://chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/all-new-blazer

Looks sharp. Would be awesome if they brought back the SS with an LT1 under the hood. Or better yet, LT4 :)

• CroatiadawgCroatiadawg Posts: 49 ✭✭✭ Junior

@christopherules said:

This reminds me of a neighbor I once had. Unfortunately, he was a HUGE Florida Gator’s fan. However, he drove a Mini Cooper that was a beautiful RED & BLACK dream! It looked much like this one. I once reminded this “Florida guy” what an AWESOME GEORGIA BULLDOG car he had. You should’ve seen the look on his face! Priceless. Unbelievable, it’s like the thought had never once occurred to him, prior to my mentioning it? Really!?! That’s the impression that he gave to me, when his smile quickly turned into a sour scowl after I’d informed him about his car’s perfect Georgia Bulldogs color scheme. Perhaps not all of the Florida folks are all that bright? GO DAWGS!!!

You, a Huge Georgia fan, had a neighbor who is a huge Florida fan, who drove a red and black Mini Cooper and you both lived in what Luxembourg? Is there a military base there? If not, I have seen it all.

@Croatiadawg said:

@christopherules said:

You, a Huge Georgia fan, had a neighbor who is a huge Florida fan, who drove a red and black Mini Cooper and you both lived in what Luxembourg? Is there a military base there? If not, I have seen it all.

@Croatiadawg This is all partially correct. I merely copied an online image of his exact car (as best as I remember it?, & minus the detail of the license plates)... I was in the US Marine Corps, & my neighbor was a Hospital Corpsman in the US Navy. At the time? It was military base housing here in San Diego, California. The military (with drawing troops from all over) has a wide ranging NCAA football fan base... just about every team has someone, somewhere who roots for THAT team. For me??? It's ALWAYS been GO DAWGS ALWAYS!!!! <--AND it has been since I was a 7 year old kid!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• CroatiadawgCroatiadawg Posts: 49 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Croatiadawg This is all partially correct. I merely copied an online image of his exact car (as best as I remember it?, & minus the detail of the license plates)... I was in the US Marine Corps, & my neighbor was a Hospital Corpsman in the US Navy. At the time? It was military base housing here in San Diego, California. The military (with drawing troops from all over) has a wide ranging NCAA football fan base... just about every team has someone, somewhere who roots for THAT team. For me??? It's ALWAYS been GO DAWGS ALWAYS!!!! <--AND it has been since I was a 7 year old kid!!! GO DAWGS!!!

That makes a little more sense - I had never heard of a base in Luxembourg. I wear my UGA hat often - especially traveling around Europe - rarely meet other fans though. Thanks for your service!

@Croatiadawg said:

That makes a little more sense - I had never heard of a base in Luxembourg. I wear my UGA hat often - especially traveling around Europe - rarely meet other fans though. Thanks for your service!

It was both an honor and a privilege to have been given the opportunity to serve in the Marine Corps. I WOULD definitely do it all over again in one half of a single heartbeat too!! What I discovered most interesting (after I joined) is that BOTH the Marines, & Georgia are ALL DAWGS!!!

• BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:

You can't blame him for liking the Dawgs color scheme more than the gators. Orange and blue is known to promote heartburn, nausea and vomiting. Hope all this happened during a year we beat them lol. GO DAWGS!

@BrooklynDawg said:

@christopherules said:

You can't blame him for liking the Dawgs color scheme more than the gators. Orange and blue is known to promote heartburn, nausea and vomiting. Hope all this happened during a year we beat them lol. GO DAWGS!

Amen @BrooklynDawg AMEN!!!

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:

@Croatiadawg said:

It was both an honor and a privilege to have been given the opportunity to serve in the Marine Corps. I WOULD definitely do it all over again in one half of a single heartbeat too!! What I discovered most interesting (after I joined) is that BOTH the Marines, & Georgia are ALL DAWGS!!!

WWI era. "Teufel Hunden" German Nickname For the U.S. Marines: Devil Dogs

@FirePlugDawg said:

@christopherules said:

@Croatiadawg said:

@FirePlugDawg Correct SIR! SEMPER FI!!! Did you also spend some time serving in the USMC?

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@christopherules said:

@Croatiadawg said:

@FirePlugDawg Correct SIR! SEMPER FI!!! Did you also spend some time serving in the USMC?

No I was a doggie. Trained with a few Marines though. And admire the Corps for its WW2 exploits.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Think I will stick with my Jeep

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't know about anyone else but I'm liking this Dawgs Blazer.