Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

UGA offered in Dec 17 and he busted in March 18. I think they would like to see more film before that offer becomes commitable. I see him as a tier two prospect for the dawgs. He does have good size on him.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    UGA offered in Dec 17 and he busted in March 18. I think they would like to see more film before that offer becomes commitable. I see him as a tier two prospect for the dawgs. He does have good size on him.

Listed at 309, that young man at least 320. Depending on how it shakes maybe replacement for John John.

• Options
    BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Thoughts on Tymon Mitchell? High 3 star but BIG kid. Could be a nose...@Jeffsentell posted on him today, first time I’ve heard of him. Here’s the tape.

http://www.hudl.com/v/27tXKu

He looks like a kid that can possibly move up in the rankings if the is facing stiff competition at his high school and if his work ethic is strong. If all that aligns, let Kirby and company evaluate him and see if he is a take. He is a mauler according to the tape.

• Options

@BrooklynDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Thoughts on Tymon Mitchell? High 3 star but BIG kid. Could be a nose...@Jeffsentell posted on him today, first time I’ve heard of him. Here’s the tape.

He looks like a kid that can possibly move up in the rankings if the is facing stiff competition at his high school and if his work ethic is strong. If all that aligns, let Kirby and company evaluate him and see if he is a take. He is a mauler according to the tape.

If he is facing*

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good size, we’re getting to a point wher it might be time to take a 3* DT like him, Logue, or Savion Williams as insurance. We could afford to over-sign at DT since we are losing so many after 2019.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BrooklynDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

I live here in Middle TN, where he plays. He is in the private school division, and the lower tier one at that. He should be maling and having his way at that size.

More tape and a personal work out (and a camp, which may have passed) will most likely be needed for a commitable offer.

I do agree though, him or the Juco DT seem to be what we need for the class. I’d take the Juco guy, to widen the gap from 2020 guys.

• Options

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@BrooklynDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

I live here in Middle TN, where he plays. He is in the private school division, and the lower tier one at that. He should be maling and having his way at that size.

More tape and a personal work out (and a camp, which may have passed) will most likely be needed for a commitable offer.

I do agree though, him or the Juco DT seem to be what we need for the class. I’d take the Juco guy, to widen the gap from 2020 guys.

I agree with you that at that size he should be mauling, but we all know size doesn't always translate into a player's skill. I also agree with taking the JUCO DT Savion Williams over Mitchell, he is ready now and faced stiffer competition. Hoping for Jermaine Johnson in that same respect. Thanks for the info on Tymon as well @CZCashvilleDawg.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2018

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Bama coming at DJ Daniels now, hope he doesn’t fall for their games.

@CZCashvilleDawg Well if Satan, er...... I meant to say, Saban is after him too? Seems like everything is A-OK in Athens & in the DawgNation too. CKS & Co. now have our beloved Georgia Bulldogs in a place that GEORGIA has never been before.... as in EVER, & I am so VERY excited to see what this season, this post-season for the SEC Championship, the early signing period in December, then the CFB Playoff in December/January, & then ALSO next February on NSD. The THIN AIR up here is really weird, BUT IT IS AWESOME!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options

@LD10 said:
    I'm still trying to think what Mullen has done to make himself an elite coach.

Amen @LD10 !

• Options
    DawgFuture12DawgFuture12 Posts: 125 ✭✭ Sophomore

COMMITMENT soon come B)

• Options

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come B)

Daniel or Johnson?

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgFuture12 said:
    COMMITMENT soon come

Grasshoppa

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Soon COMMITMENT come

• Options
    edited June 2018

Ahhhh... not soon enough!!! I am really, really waiting, & waiting, & then I am even waiting some more. And? Freaking nothing. So? I guess that I'll just have to wait.

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Zion logue is now trending elsewhere, this dline recruiting keeps getting more interesting, im excited to see how it plays out

• Options

@dawgy10 said:
    Zion logue is now trending elsewhere, this dline recruiting keeps getting more interesting, im excited to see how it plays out

Just 2 predictions to ole miss by ole miss insiders. We’re in good shape per 247.

• Options

@dawgy10 said:

Just 2 predictions to ole miss by ole miss insiders. We’re in good shape.

• Options
    dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Trey Scott stuck in the friend zone in DL recruiting, every DL target opinion reads similiarly. Great guy or nice guy, talks to me a lot, wants me bad to visit, I have known him for awhile or he was first to offer , and.. bla bla bla..Sure you have other phrases that seem to be said by recruits over and over .

Trey Scott genuine by everyones accounts , but I confident at the way he appears to coach, and in the end I more hopeful then confident he will get enough decent quality players this year to fill the postion needs, and exceed in 2020 with a more talent Georgia class which he still needs to be the man getting the final signature for this extremely competitive recruiting position.

We need Alpha DL recruiting to go against Alpha OL recruiting of Sam Pittman. Iron on Iron.
    Yessiirrr.

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@dawgy10 said:

Just 2 predictions to ole miss by ole miss insiders. We’re in good shape.

6.5' 290 lbs
    Me want bad!

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Given all the SEC offers that Zion Logue has gotten lately, it seems he is vastly underrated by the rating services. Seems like our staff has been high on him since his showing at our summer camp. Would think that since he is already at about 285 lbs , the staff sees him as a defensive tackle. Zion and Savion Williams are lower ranked than I thought we would have in our class, but both seem like they would be solid additions if signed. Still think we end up having option to take some defensive linemen currently committed elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.