Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Online radio broadcast of the Dawgs

shhmittyshhmitty Posts: 284 ✭✭✭ Junior

I've heard people say they enjoy watching the games with the volume muted on TV, while listening to the play by play on radio. I live in the chicken coop...(just outside of Columbia SC), so a local radio station is not a option. Does anyone know if it's played online, and if so where might I find it?

Comments

• insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The UGA radio broadcast is free in the official Georgia app on iphone (and I assume Android also). There is a delay, the stream is behind the TV broadcast by half a minute to a minute, so it's not a perfect option unless you are on DVR and can try to sync up the feeds, but it's great to hear the UGA broadcast team and it's perfect for pre-game and post-game shows too if you live out of market!

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Miss the old days before there was such a delay with the radio broadcast, if anyone figures out how to sync the radio and tv broadcasts, please post it.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love the APP version. Living way, way out here in San Diego?, the only ways I got to see was either on ESPN & THAT crew ALWAYS HAD GEORGIA HATER Tommy Tubberville (of the BARN!!) <- he just made me just sick to my stomach. Actually? He still does! However, as bad as he was??? CBS Sports with IMHO GEORGIA HATER Gary Danielson made me feel like my head was trapped in a tool box bench vise!!! Cannot stand the announcers the national sports media assigns to cover the DAWGS!

• shhmittyshhmitty Posts: 284 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks for the info! Does Tubberville still cover games? My gosh he was bad.

I know that he (Tubberville) was on for the APP St. game, and the Vanderbilt game too last season. Gary Danielson tried to single-handedly just kill any GO DAWGS spirit in any fan exposed to his anti-Georgia vitriol!!! He just s u c k e d so bad!!! It was a no-brainer to just silence the TV

The late, and OH SO GREAT Keith Jackson (May our almighty God bless him & his family too) was just so awesome as a nationwide, coast to coast college football play by play announcer. The former US Marine, and he was also born in Roopville, GEORGIA too! He was was raised in Carrollton, GA. He had a really great voice, and a good manner, came off most professionally, and if there was some reason you couldn't get to listen to Larry Munson??? Then Keith Jackson was not too bad at all. Not Larry Munson, but not too bad.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@insertusernamehere said:
    The UGA radio broadcast is free in the official Georgia app on iphone (and I assume Android also). There is a delay, the stream is behind the TV broadcast by half a minute to a minute, so it's not a perfect option unless you are on DVR and can try to sync up the feeds, but it's great to hear the UGA broadcast team and it's perfect for pre-game and post-game shows too if you live out of market!

Exploring the options, is there an internet version of the app - a URL that will give the audio?

@FirePlugDawg said:

@insertusernamehere said:

Exploring the options, is there an internet version of the app - a URL that will give the audio?

After posting this, I started reading the 2018 media guide and found a list of radio stations that carry game broadcast. I haven't had the chance to check, but one of those stations hopefully have live streaming. I'll check it out and post here if there is one.

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

I would think iHeart would be the way to go, but what do I know?

• dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If all else fails you can run android apps on desktop with an app called bluestacks. I used it for awhile it's simple and safe. Available on cnet i believe.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've been thinking about trying one of these out. Gets old listening to the clown announcers on TV now

http://www.sportsyncradio.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-JvaBRDGARIsAFjqkkqKdDPzYYKZ_JmPu0yZ_EePB1Ks2MpQCigSxV3eW9Z4GwyyGl88iDMaAppgEALw_wcB

@greygoose01 said:
    I've been thinking about trying one of these out. Gets old listening to the clown announcers on TV now

http://www.sportsyncradio.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-JvaBRDGARIsAFjqkkqKdDPzYYKZ_JmPu0yZ_EePB1Ks2MpQCigSxV3eW9Z4GwyyGl88iDMaAppgEALw_wcB

I don't think this will work for those of us outside of the Bulldog Sports Radio market. We have to rely on online streaming so the problem is not slowing down the radio broadcast, it's so far behind the TV we need it to speed up to match. Thanks for link, I still may look into this for NASCAR and Panthers.

• TheOneKnownasBrianTheOneKnownasBrian Posts: 105 ✭✭✭ Junior

If the TV is ahead of the audio, just pause the TV for however long the delay is and then hit play. You can't switch channels during commercials, though, if you do that.

Radio stations will not live stream the radio broadcast, probably due to copyright reasons. I think they do carry the pregame and postgame content online though.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheOneKnownasBrian said:
    If the TV is ahead of the audio, just pause the TV for however long the delay is and then hit play. You can't switch channels during commercials, though, if you do that.

Radio stations will not live stream the radio broadcast, probably due to copyright reasons. I think they do carry the pregame and postgame content online though.

Doesn’t work for those of us who don’t have DVR