Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

SunTrust Park

VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

Me and the GF are headed up to Atlanta for our first game at the new stadium tomorrow. Any suggestions on the "must do's" at the Battery?

Comments

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Get you a Terripian Chopsecutioner (I believe the beer is fermented with similar wood used with baseball bats).

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Don’t sit on the left field side in a Day game. Fox bros is probably your best food option. Get to your seat early or come a little late. Trying to walk around mimics Atlanta rush hour traffic well

• VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Get you a Terripian Chopsecutioner (I believe the beer is fermented with similar wood used with baseball bats).

What are the beer prices like in the restaurants and shopping center compared to in the stadium?

I couldn't remember the name of that beer, preciate it!

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

What are the beer prices like in the restaurants and shopping center compared to in the stadium?

Havnt been there this season (live in Nashville) but from what I recall they were reasonable ($6-8) for a tall boy

• ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BBQ nachos are pretty good. If you want to save some money you can bring in your own bottle of water and any food in a clear plastic bag (check me on these).

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Beer at the cart outside the stadium was $5 or $6, inside it was $8 or $9 if I remember right. We went about a month ago and I had consumed my fair share, so don’t take my word as gospel.

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Beer is cheaper in the battery. After you enter the game, you can scan your ticket and check out to go to the battery. Then come back in.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wahlburgers outside the stadium is pretty good

• milldawg007milldawg007 Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

Love the new ballpark. I would recommend getting there as early as possible especially if you plan to park. My favorites are listed below.

Food:
    H&F Burger and Fries - Great Atlanta burger. A bit pricey but all ballpark food is and this one is worth it.
    Non ball park food option - Grab an Antico Pizza outside the park. Quick way to load up prior to scarfing down some drinks.

Drink:
    The Terrapin Chopsecutioner is great but prices in the game are around 9 bucks.

CHOPON

@milldawg007 said:
    Love the new ballpark. I would recommend getting there as early as possible especially if you plan to park. My favorites are listed below.

Food:
    H&F Burger and Fries - Great Atlanta burger. A bit pricey but all ballpark food is and this one is worth it.
    Non ball park food option - Grab an Antico Pizza outside the park. Quick way to load up prior to scarfing down some drinks.

Drink:

CHOPON

Is there a parking deck right next to the park? If so how much dough?

• Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Memorial Garden

• jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love the Yardhouse

You can get a 2.5 foot tall Hopsecutioner

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go to PBR (bar at the battery) and ride the bull! Did it last night and had a lot of fun.

@jgf1031 said:
    I love the Yardhouse

You can get a 2.5 foot tall Hopsecutioner

Definitely will be doing that lol

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Buy a parking spot in the red deck on line. If you shop invtge Braves official store they validate yir ticket. Spent $40 on stuff we wanted anyway and got free parking 200 yards from the gate. Find the $5.50 burger and chips. Flat top grill cooked fresh. Fresh LTO.Excellent! Have a blast!

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There's so much to do. Get there EARLY!

Definitely check out the Terrapin brew pub and Sports and Social. The TVs in there will blow you away!

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

@milldawg007 said:

Food:

Drink:

CHOPON

As @BEACHDAWG said, the Red Deck is the best to park at. It’s essentially in the Battery but parking passes can run $50-$100 some games. We’ve also parked out at some of the farther away decks and they have a great shuttle service if you’re willing to ride that.

• milldawg007milldawg007 Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

@milldawg007 said:

Food:

Drink:

CHOPON

I would get a parking pass. They are generally 20-40 bucks depending upon where you park. There are also some cheaper options around the ball park if you are ok with walking.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Most all the shuttles drop at the pedestrian bridge, which we did on the Friday game only. The bridge crosses 285 and was a looong walk. We ubered back the hotel from the battery. Got that red deck thereafter.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you are visibly drunk at suntrust, even if you are above 21, they will try and arrest you.