Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Miami’s board is imploding after their DC leaves for temple job

2»

Comments

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

@PTDawg said:

@christopherules said:
    I understand their concern... Flashing back to HC Mark Richt Defensive Coordinator(s) Georgia was simply gashed by Alabama running it straight through Georgia's "Defense?" in the 2012 SECCG. I was sadly in absolute shock that no one on Georgia's D was consistently stopping anyone from Alabama running the ball against Georgia back in those days. MUCH happier now!! :)

That 2012 team had talent on D but was very short on depth, especially front 7. That is what truly cost us that game despite every talking head that wants to scream and Monday morning QB about not spiking the ball late. We held up okay against the run early on. However, Grantham wasn't able to sub much particularly along the front and it really showed later in the game. They were running us over in the second half which what fueled their comeback, capped by the play action bomb to Cooper.

What I think people miss about losing to Bama up the middle that SECCG in 2012 is teams who had a target on our backs saw that and started adjusting so they could do the same thing. In 2014 Spurrier at SoCar, Muschamp At FU, and Johnson at GaTech all kicked our ass running it right up the gut. Muschamp so much he barely even passed the ball that game. No adjustment was made on our end and it was just left sitting there wide open. The ‘12 SECCG really was the end of Richt’s tenure at UGA. He was trying to resurrect it around Eason in ‘16, but the school had had enough.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@PTDawg said:

@christopherules said:
    I understand their concern... Flashing back to HC Mark Richt Defensive Coordinator(s) Georgia was simply gashed by Alabama running it straight through Georgia's "Defense?" in the 2012 SECCG. I was sadly in absolute shock that no one on Georgia's D was consistently stopping anyone from Alabama running the ball against Georgia back in those days. MUCH happier now!! :)

That 2012 team had talent on D but was very short on depth, especially front 7. That is what truly cost us that game despite every talking head that wants to scream and Monday morning QB about not spiking the ball late. We held up okay against the run early on. However, Grantham wasn't able to sub much particularly along the front and it really showed later in the game. They were running us over in the second half which what fueled their comeback, capped by the play action bomb to Cooper.

What I think people miss about losing to Bama up the middle that SECCG in 2012 is teams who had a target on our backs saw that and started adjusting so they could do the same thing. In 2014 Spurrier at SoCar, Muschamp At FU, and Johnson at GaTech all kicked our ass running it right up the gut. Muschamp so much he barely even passed the ball that game. No adjustment was made on our end and it was just left sitting there wide open. The ‘12 SECCG really was the end of Richt’s tenure at UGA. He was trying to resurrect it around Eason in ‘16, but the school had had enough.

More than anything else his lack of consistent commitment to dominating the LOS over the years was his undoing. You could go through and change about a half dozen games or so over his 15 yrs and Richt's legacy is completely different. That's the frustrating thing about those years. In some ways he was only one step away. As Kirby said when he first came on, though, that last step can be the size of a casym sometimes. We needed someone who could take that last step.

• Options
    JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

@levander said:

@JMFD said:

@EricDawgs1 said:
    They're just some **** fans Richt is doing a good job there and will get a good coach

You say this so matter of fact-ly. He's not the same guy he was here. The thing before the GT game. He would have never let that happen here. I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs it up for a while/for good after Miami runs him off.

What was the thing before the GT game?

The U went over and blocked the tunnel where Tech was coming onto the field. Actually surrounded a few of the last ones and tightened in on them with very threatening and immature behavior. Cant find the link I saw a while back or I'd post it.

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JMFD said:

@levander said:

@JMFD said:

@EricDawgs1 said:
    They're just some **** fans Richt is doing a good job there and will get a good coach

You say this so matter of fact-ly. He's not the same guy he was here. The thing before the GT game. He would have never let that happen here. I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs it up for a while/for good after Miami runs him off.

The U went over and blocked the tunnel where Tech was coming onto the field. Actually surrounded a few of the last ones and tightened in on them with very threatening and immature behavior. Cant find the link I saw a while back or I'd post it.

Not a good view in this video but here...
    https://youtu.be/_mpaIr7e4Kk

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Laughable that their fanbase would be talking about firing him when they dont even go support the team when they are winning. That blow up helmet is terrible. Almost as bad as the inflatible bee Tech fans cried over when someoe shot it with a bb gun. Was that the year Jasper didnt fumble?

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol. They are referring to Richt as the “richtanic” and “sleepy.”

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JMFD said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

The thing before the GT game. He would have never let that happen here. I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs it up for a while/for good after Miami runs him off.

Except for that time in 2015 that he let our players run out during warm-ups and talk ish and bark at the Alabama players.

On another note, this is a hard hit for Miami and Richt. Diaz's defense was about the only thing propping up that team this season.

• Options
    JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2018

@UnderDog68 said:

@JMFD said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

The thing before the GT game. He would have never let that happen here. I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs it up for a while/for good after Miami runs him off.

Except for that time in 2015 that he let our players run out during warm-ups and talk ish and bark at the Alabama players.

On another note, this is a hard hit for Miami and Richt. Diaz's defense was about the only thing propping up that team this season.

Yeah, but I kinda dug that! Despite the results. The UF thing they did too. I'm starting to realize, My team does no wrong! ;)

• Options

@JMFD said:

Yeah, but I kinda dug that! Despite the results. The UF thing they did too. I'm starting to realize, My team does no wrong! ;)

It rattled UF when we did that. Alabama, they just shrugged, went back to warming up, and proceeded to beat the hell out of us when the game started. That's the way we are now, though. If I remember correctly, SCAR did something similar to us pre-game this season. We just shrugged, went back to warming up, and then proceeded to beat the hell out of them when the game started.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

@UnderDog68 said:

@JMFD said:

It rattled UF when we did that. Alabama, they just shrugged, went back to warming up, and proceeded to beat the hell out of us when the game started. That's the way we are now, though. If I remember correctly, SCAR did something similar to us pre-game this season. We just shrugged, went back to warming up, and then proceeded to beat the hell out of them when the game started.

We are beyond those tactics now. They work for the other guy every now and then when the talent is equal, but we don’t have to do it any more

• Options
    Dawg88Dawg88 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Bulldawg1982 said:

@JMFD said:

@levander said:

@JMFD said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

Not a good view in this video but here...
    https://youtu.be/_mpaIr7e4Kk

:D:D:D:D:D
    Can't stop laughing at this video! No wonder all the best players from South Florida are coming to Athens.

• Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@JMFD said:

We are beyond those tactics now. They work for the other guy every now and then when the talent is equal, but we don’t have to do it any more

2015 Alabama game is probably the most miserable football game I’ve ever been too. And i went to both games we played them this year

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

@judasdurant said:

@Kasey said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@JMFD said:

2015 Alabama game is probably the most miserable football game I’ve ever been too. And i went to both games we played them this year

I was miserable watching it. I knew we were done in the first quarter. People I watched it with just laughed...but I was right

• Options
    cory430cory430 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@judasdurant said:

@Kasey said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@JMFD said:

I was listening to it sitting in a kayak, fishing for redfish in the rain in PCB. I was catching a ton of fish, but that miserable performance ruined every minute of it.

• Options

@Kasey said:
    We are beyond those tactics now. They work for the other guy every now and then when the talent is equal, but we don’t have to do it any more.

Fake juice because CMR knew at this point that the end was near. I prefer the way we are now....we treat every home game as if it is a 'business transaction', and every away game as if it's a 'business trip.' And that's the way it should be. Let the other team talk ish, act foolish, and get humiliated. We are on a mission to get the first Natty here since 1980.