Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Miami’s board is imploding after their DC leaves for temple job

judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/this-program-is-dead.141690/

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/so-diaz-took-the-first-life-boat-he-could-off-the-richtanic.141665/

Difference between Kirby and richt... we know Kirby will get the right guy.. Miami fans don’t seem to have faith in richt

Comments

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They're just some **** fans Richt is doing a good job there and will get a good coach

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Those fans act like Richt is running their powerhouse program into the ground. They haven't really been relevant for a good 15 yrs or so aside from a blip here or there. The ACC thought they were getting a national level program to bump up the conference's profile when they added them. Has not worked out that way at all, none of which is Richt's fault.

• Options
    VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 1,468 mod

I've always wondered about how hard it is to recruit kids and tell them that its a near 40 minute drive from the university to the Hard Rock Stadium. That must ****.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:
    I've always wondered about how hard it is to recruit kids and tell them that its a near 40 minute drive from the university to the Hard Rock Stadium. That must ****.

Do they have to drive that every day for practices? I wouldn’t think it would be a big deal if it’s just for the 6 or 7 home games a year and maybe a few other times. They probably bus them all over for games.

• Options

@PTDawg said:
    Those fans act like Richt is running their powerhouse program into the ground. They haven't really been relevant for a good 15 yrs or so aside from a blip here or there. The ACC thought they were getting a national level program to bump up the conference's profile when they added them. Has not worked out that way at all, none of which is Richt's fault.

True.

But how well did Richt do hiring DC’s at UGA? Seems like his first one (forget his name) and his last one (Pruitt) were the only ones who were really good. And Pruitt caused all kinds of front office problems.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

I understand their concern... Flashing back to HC Mark Richt Defensive Coordinator(s) Georgia was simply gashed by Alabama running it straight through Georgia's "Defense?" in the 2012 SECCG. I was sadly in absolute shock that no one on Georgia's D was consistently stopping anyone from Alabama running the ball against Georgia back in those days. MUCH happier now!! :)

• Options

@levander said:

@PTDawg said:

True.

But how well did Richt do hiring DC’s at UGA? Seems like his first one (forget his name) and his last one (Pruitt) were the only ones who were really good. And Pruitt caused all kinds of front office problems.

You're talking about Brian Van Gorder for Richt's first 4 yrs. Yes, those were some solid D's with a lot of talent on them. Otherwise, yes the other DCs (WilMart, 3rd and Grantham) were uninspiring. Pruitt was good but had the rep for being a little acerbic to work with.

• Options

@christopherules said:
    I understand their concern... Flashing back to HC Mark Richt Defensive Coordinator(s) Georgia was simply gashed by Alabama running it straight through Georgia's "Defense?" in the 2012 SECCG. I was sadly in absolute shock that no one on Georgia's D was consistently stopping anyone from Alabama running the ball against Georgia back in those days. MUCH happier now!! :)

That 2012 team had talent on D but was very short on depth, especially front 7. That is what truly cost us that game despite every talking head that wants to scream and Monday morning QB about not spiking the ball late. We held up okay against the run early on. However, Grantham wasn't able to sub much particularly along the front and it really showed later in the game. They were running us over in the second half which what fueled their comeback, capped by the play action bomb to Cooper.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

Do they have to drive that every day for practices? I wouldn’t think it would be a big deal if it’s just for the 6 or 7 home games a year and maybe a few other times. They probably bus them all over for games.

Really stinks for the students. The walks from Lumpkin St across N. Campus are fond memories.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PTDawg said:

@christopherules said:

That 2012 team had talent on D but was very short on depth, especially front 7. That is what truly cost us that game despite every talking head that wants to scream and Monday morning QB about not spiking the ball late. We held up okay against the run early on. However, Grantham wasn't able to sub much particularly along the front and it really showed later in the game. They were running us over in the second half which what fueled their comeback, capped by the play action bomb to Cooper.

Bama's OL simply owned us in the 4th quarter. We were helpless to stop them.

• Options
    BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PTDawg said:

@levander said:

@PTDawg said:

True.

You're talking about Brian Van Gorder for Richt's first 4 yrs. Yes, those were some solid D's with a lot of talent on them. Otherwise, yes the other DCs (WilMart, 3rd and Grantham) were uninspiring. Pruitt was good but had the rep for being a little acerbic to work with.

I just shuddered at the thought of the name Willie Martinez.

• Options
    bhs11bhs11 Posts: 457 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@levander said:

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

There practice fields are right next to their weightroom on campus

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a friend who is a Miami grad. I tried to warn him on what to expect with their new coach. At first he was doing some talking. Now he just grumbles under his breath when I ask about his team.

• Options
    JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

@EricDawgs1 said:
    They're just some **** fans Richt is doing a good job there and will get a good coach

You say this so matter of fact-ly. He's not the same guy he was here. The thing before the GT game. He would have never let that happen here. I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs it up for a while/for good after Miami runs him off.

• Options
    edited December 2018

@BiffLowman said:

@PTDawg said:

@levander said:

@PTDawg said:

True.

I just shuddered at the thought of the name Willie Martinez.

That name has driven fear into the hearts of many over the years. Unfortunately none of those hearts belonged to opposing offenses.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Willie Martinez need a job?

Go, Dawgs!

• Options

@JMFD said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

You say this so matter of fact-ly. He's not the same guy he was here. The thing before the GT game. He would have never let that happen here. I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs it up for a while/for good after Miami runs him off.

What was the thing before the GT game?

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@JMFD said:

@EricDawgs1 said:

It's hust that those fans seem to not remember that they were bad for 10yrs b4 he got there.had a 1st season similar to Kirby here and they expect to much too soon