Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Fields in the Sugar Bowl

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:
    If we know he's leaving, don't play him.

Don't play him, don't coach him, treat him like the red headed step child of the UGA football program

Well, let's keep it civil. I doubt he'd want to risk injury if his bags are packed anyway.
    Remember that movie where the woman was hit by a car while on her way to the Empire State Building to tell her beau she would marry him. She ended up a one legged prostitute turning tricks at Times Square for pocket change. I mean, Justin is a fairly handsome kid, but if I'm a sailor on shore leave I go with the peg legged prostitute 8, maybe 9 out of 10 times.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

Don't play him, don't coach him, treat him like the red headed step child of the UGA football program

Have him run scout team QB.

• Options
    cory430cory430 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

Have him run scout team QB.

My thoughts exactly.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VALDOSTADAWG said:

@MeR3htid said:
    So how old r u 14 or 19?

Talking to me? You can quote or tag people if you want their attention ;) I'm actually 105 years old

That's awesome. I'm no longer the oldest f a r t on this board. Muchas Gracias.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

Well, let's keep it civil. I doubt he'd want to risk injury if his bags are packed anyway.
    Remember that movie where the woman was hit by a car while on her way to the Empire State Building to tell her beau she would marry him. She ended up a one legged prostitute turning tricks at Times Square for pocket change. I mean, Justin is a fairly handsome kid, but if I'm a sailor on shore leave I go with the peg legged prostitute 8, maybe 9 out of 10 times.

Sound of Music?

• Options
    Dawg0924Dawg0924 Posts: 130 ✭✭✭ Junior

If he’s intending to transfer have him run scout team he doesn’t need reps with the ones if he’s leaving. He can make his choice, timing sucks but best to wish the kid well if he doesn’t want to be a dawg.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That most certainly wasn't me Mr Bojangles Insider. I stick to Georgia Football sir. Somebody on this forum is playing games and it ain't me. I'M TOO OLD!!! 😂😂😂

• Options

Yeah if he's still practicing with the team then he's torn. Kelly Bryant left skidmarks on his way out of Clemson, S.C. but I still think he leaves. Must b awkward as hell though.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MeR3htid said:
    That most certainly wasn't me Mr Bojangles Insider. I stick to Georgia Football sir. Somebody on this forum is playing games and it ain't me. I'M TOO OLD!!! 😂😂😂

How old are you? I recently got demoted from oldest f a r t on the board and am wondering if this means I'll slip even further down the list.

• Options

@MeR3htid said:
    Yeah if he's still practicing with the team then he's torn. Kelly Bryant left skidmarks on his way out of Clemson, S.C. but I still think he leaves. Must b awkward as hell though.

Very good point. I hope he isnt reading the internet. Lota of unfair assumptions have been made about the timing and associated motivations, etc.

• Options
    Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Bankwalker said:

@MeR3htid said:

Very good point. I hope he isnt reading the internet. Lota of unfair assumptions have been made about the timing and associated motivations, etc.

He made his bed now he has to sleep in it

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TNDawg71 said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

Sound of Music?

That's the one, The ''Family'' had her run over.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Too many rumors and too little news, but I trust Kirby will do what should be done in the best interests of the University of Georgia and its football program and the current team.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options

Wonder what would've happened if Eason hadn't gotten hurt? Think Fromm would've transferred by now if he couldn't win the job?

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MeR3htid said:
    Wonder what would've happened if Eason hadn't gotten hurt? Think Fromm would've transferred by now if he couldn't win the job?

Oddly enough I don't. I think Eason and Fromm would be the starter and backuo respectively and Fields would've taken his RS with a aim at taking the starting spot after Eason is the #1 draft pick. Lol

• Options

Yeah well hopefully Plumlee sticks and we can bring in another quality arm because if Fromm gets hurt next year we're done, done, done. Fromm is really durable but just sayin.

• Options
    jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I say let him dress out, make him wear his helmet all game long, and don't play him unless Fromm goes down. I'd like for his last game as a Dawg to be on the sidelines, watching us whoop the Longhorns with no help needed from #1

• Options

@Thelordjohnson said:

@MeR3htid said:

Oddly enough I don't. I think Eason and Fromm would be the starter and backuo respectively and Fields would've taken his RS with a aim at taking the starting spot after Eason is the #1 draft pick. Lol

I dont think we would have been able to sign Fields. It was clear to everyone by November that Eason would be leaving. I think the Fields camp underestimated Fromm's abilities.

Yes, I think Fromm would have stayed. The downside is that we probably dont sign near the same class a year ago. Fields was a pied piper for us. We are so much better off because of Justin Fields than we would have been if he had stayed with Penn St, and especially if he had inked with Florida and pulled recruits with him to Gainesville.

• Options
    deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

Is anyone for sure that the Fields' family are the ones who leaked it? It could have been one of the teams he has been talking too and they wanted to cause as much damage as possible. And for the record I'm not trying to defend him just trying to slow the tar and feather crowd down a little cause we have no clue what really happened. It seemed like his family was surprised by the leak and they were forced to put his name on the transfer list yesterday

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@deutcshland_dawg said:
    Is anyone for sure that the Fields' family are the ones who leaked it? It could have been one of the teams he has been talking too and they wanted to cause as much damage as possible. And for the record I'm not trying to defend him just trying to slow the tar and feather crowd down a little cause we have no clue what really happened. It seemed like his family was surprised by the leak and they were forced to put his name on the transfer list yesterday

I don't know that they were surprised. USA Today posted the story then social media went crazy with it. About 2 hours later Chip calls Fields' home. There is practically no way that was the first time they heard of it and in no way did the Fields camp try to stop the whirlwind. I do think it was the said school that released it though bc surely Georgia natives wouldn't purposely try to s.c.r.e.w. UGA over, right? That would not be very wise unless they are planning on leaving the state. But then again, they STILL haven't went public. Idk, but one thing is for sure that the timing of this isn't a big coincident and had malicious intent on the program.