Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

''403 forbidden'' code, am I being banned ?..

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited January 2019 in General

If so, bye.

Comments

• Options

Administration can make it clear and I'll stop posting, no big deal.

• Options

I'll keep posting till some clarification is made.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

C'mon. Help out the tech bozos like me...WTH is 403 forbidden code? Doesn't sound positive.

• Options
    BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You getting that message ?

• Options

@donm said:
    C'mon. Help out the tech bozos like me...WTH is 403 forbidden code? Doesn't sound positive.

It is a program tool for administrators, it can be used to filter out would be visitors.

• Options

@BiggerBadDawg said:
    You getting that message ?

Yep. Here and nowhere else.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

It is a program tool for administrators, it can be used to filter out would be visitors.

You mean like in "banning" people?

• Options

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

Yes, like in, administration might be attempting to ban me from posting at this site.
    Would it shock anybody ?

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

How do you know this?

• Options

@RPMdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

How do you know this?

I kept getting the code when trying to open this site, I Googled ''403 error code'', it is a tool for administrators of sites.

• Options
    volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So this 403 code is like a 2 minute warning? You seem to be able to be posting ,for now?

• Options
    UGAJ0EUGAJ0E Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I get that every once in a while too on this site. I just think it's the internet god's way of saying I spend to much time on dawgnation.

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I doubt you are getting banned. This website is glitchy. I think you experience more glitches and technical issues because you are more active than most.

• Options

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

Yes, like in, administration might be attempting to ban me from posting at this site.
    Would it shock anybody ?

It would shock me. You've given them ample opportunity in the past. Has anything changed that would lead to you being "403-ed" ? I'm more familiar with being "86-ed", but whatever. Dang Mark Richt losing control of this forum.

• Options
    edited January 2019

@volatilis said:
    So this 403 code is like a 2 minute warning? You seem to be able to be posting ,for now?

It's either a glitch or it's not very affective. Sometimes it comes up, other times it doesn't. That's why I'm looking for clarification.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

How do you know this?

I kept getting the code when trying to open this site, I Googled ''403 error code'', it is a tool for administrators of sites.

A few days ago, I couldn't log in, but dont remember an error code. Then saw where others had problems that day. Keep keepin on

• Options

@RPMdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@RPMdawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

How do you know this?

A few days ago, I couldn't log in, but dont remember an error code. Then saw where others had problems that day. Keep keepin on

comes up is ''403 forbidden error'' It may be nothing, but lets be real, who would be surprised if it's targeted ?

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2019

I would be. They could ban you rather easy if they wanted. I wouldn’t see a reason for it.

• Options

@jarred_buck said:
    I would be. They could ban you rather easy if they wanted. I wouldn’t see a reason for it.

Thanks for the support.

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I keep getting the 226 code 😱