Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

National Milk Day

donmdonm Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Milk has a long, interesting history. Well, as interesting, at least, as some of the various threads that have popped up over the years. There have been some memorable milk commercials in the past couple of decades.

Are most of you milk drinkers? Whole or lo fat or skim? Soy or almond?

Comments

  • DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Fairlife 2%, Fairlife Chocolate Milk, and Fairlife Core Power are my favorite milks to drink.

  • VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

  • BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    I never understood almond milk. How do you milk an almond?

  • kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Only whole milk for me, so I don't drink it too often...with cake...and with French toast. Or pancakes. Anything sweet. And cornbread.

  • scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I'm pretty much a milk with cereal and not much else guy. I can dig it with cookies but I've never understood the folks who come in from a hot day and want a glass of milk. Makes me think of:

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 11

    Is goat, camel, and other mammal milk represented, or is this some cow elitist thing ?

  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 3,060 mod
    edited January 11

    @WCDawg said:
    Is goat, camel, and other mammal milk represented, or is this some cow elitist thing ?

    It just says milk, and we all know you can milk anything with a t3at thanks to Greg Focker.

    *t3at is censored

  • AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 11

    Grew up on whole milk. Transitioned to 2% in my 20's, 1% in my 30's, skim in my 40's, and now I rarely drink it at all. I probably make up for it with all the cheese I eat. Big fan of cheese in all forms, including scary, stinky, French kinds.

    I haven't tried almond milk but I must admit I enjoy the taste of soy milk. I drink black coffee daily, but once in a blue moon I'll have a soy latte, and I recommend that if you've never tried it.

  • AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Teddy said:

    @WCDawg said:
    Is goat, camel, and other mammal milk represented, or is this some cow elitist thing ?

    It just says milk, and we all know you can milk anything with a t3at thanks to Greg Focker.

    *t3at is censored

    Is t.e.a.t. on the verboten list? Good to know. Add it to the column below m.on.k.e.y. and u.g.l.y. Am I missing any other curiosities? Would be fun to compile them all.

  • donmdonm Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @AnotherDawg said:

    @Teddy said:

    @WCDawg said:
    Is goat, camel, and other mammal milk represented, or is this some cow elitist thing ?

    It just says milk, and we all know you can milk anything with a t3at thanks to Greg Focker.

    *t3at is censored

    Is t.e.a.t. on the verboten list? Good to know. Add it to the column below m.on.k.e.y. and u.g.l.y. Am I missing any other curiosities? Would be fun to compile them all.

    s.u.c.k

  • ColumboColumbo Posts: 192 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

  • Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    donm -

    I'm sure it's not occurred to most people, but Milk is a Commie plot to change the nature of our bodily fluids! Mandrake, that's the way your hardcore Commie works.

  • donmdonm Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Casanova_Flatulence said:
    donm -

    I'm sure it's not occurred to most people, but Milk is a Commie plot to change the nature of our bodily fluids! Mandrake, that's the way your hardcore Commie works.

    Classic!! What a great film. Love to re-watch it every so often. Peter Sellers was unbelievable.

  • donmdonm Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @AnotherDawg said:
    Grew up on whole milk. Transitioned to 2% in my 20's, 1% in my 30's, skim in my 40's, and now I rarely drink it at all. I probably make up for it with all the cheese I eat. Big fan of cheese in all forms, including scary, stinky, French kinds.

    I haven't tried almond milk but I must admit I enjoy the taste of soy milk. I drink black coffee daily, but once in a blue moon I'll have a soy latte, and I recommend that if you've never tried it.

    I sometimes use almond milk to make hot chocolate on those brutal winter days here in FL, when the temps reach down into the 40's.

  • FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Or could it be the heartbreak of psoriasis?

  • ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 2,359 mod

    You're not from the South unless you've at least tried day old sweet cornbread crumbled into a glass and covered with buttermilk. Of course you have to eat it with a spoon just like cereal. Why do you think we produced some of the biggest and fastest football players here in the South?

  • Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    When it comes to milk, I've never had anything that can compare to the single pints we use to get in England. The whole milk had two fingers of pure cream on top, so you had to shake it. It was absolutely delicious.

  • WildDawgWildDawg Posts: 396 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @donm said:

    @AnotherDawg said:
    Grew up on whole milk. Transitioned to 2% in my 20's, 1% in my 30's, skim in my 40's, and now I rarely drink it at all. I probably make up for it with all the cheese I eat. Big fan of cheese in all forms, including scary, stinky, French kinds.

    I haven't tried almond milk but I must admit I enjoy the taste of soy milk. I drink black coffee daily, but once in a blue moon I'll have a soy latte, and I recommend that if you've never tried it.

    I sometimes use almond milk to make hot chocolate on those brutal winter days here in FL, when the temps reach down into the 40's.

    That ain't right, man...taunting us cold weather folk. Not cool

  • WildDawgWildDawg Posts: 396 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @BiffLowman said:
    I never understood almond milk. How do you milk an almond?

    Or a soybean? As others have said, you can milk anything with n.i.p.p.l.e.s but milk from beans and nuts? That's where I draw the line.

  • ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 2,359 mod

    @Casanova_Flatulence said:
    When it comes to milk, I've never had anything that can compare to the single pints we use to get in England. The whole milk had two fingers of pure cream on top, so you had to shake it. It was absolutely delicious.

    That brought back some memories for me. Back in the mid 70's I went a student exchange program in England for a month. A group of us was hiking in the English Country side and came across a small farm. Hand written sign at the end of the drive said "Milk for Sale." We wandered up the drive and each of us bought a pint of milk. Best milk I've ever tasted to this day.

    Thanks for jogging the noggin for that memory.

  • TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 286 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @AnotherDawg said:

    @Teddy said:

    @WCDawg said:
    Is goat, camel, and other mammal milk represented, or is this some cow elitist thing ?

    It just says milk, and we all know you can milk anything with a t3at thanks to Greg Focker.

    *t3at is censored

    Is t.e.a.t. on the verboten list? Good to know. Add it to the column below m.on.k.e.y. and u.g.l.y. Am I missing any other curiosities? Would be fun to compile them all.

    Wh!z....like in wh!z kid or cheese wh!z

  • JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @donm said:

    @AnotherDawg said:

    @Teddy said:

    @WCDawg said:
    Is goat, camel, and other mammal milk represented, or is this some cow elitist thing ?

    It just says milk, and we all know you can milk anything with a t3at thanks to Greg Focker.

    *t3at is censored

    Is t.e.a.t. on the verboten list? Good to know. Add it to the column below m.on.k.e.y. and u.g.l.y. Am I missing any other curiosities? Would be fun to compile them all.

    s.u.c.k

    In my daughter's K5 library...

  • ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 2,359 mod

    @JoelSidneyKelly said:

    @donm said:

    @AnotherDawg said:

    @Teddy said:

    @WCDawg said:
    Is goat, camel, and other mammal milk represented, or is this some cow elitist thing ?

    It just says milk, and we all know you can milk anything with a t3at thanks to Greg Focker.

    *t3at is censored

    Is t.e.a.t. on the verboten list? Good to know. Add it to the column below m.on.k.e.y. and u.g.l.y. Am I missing any other curiosities? Would be fun to compile them all.

    s.u.c.k

    In my daughter's K5 library...

    Ant s ucker? Interesting.....

  • benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    I got some chocolate milk from kroger hang on

Sign In or Register to comment.