Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Anybody offended by

Comments

• Options
    sauceddawgsauceddawg Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

@RxDawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:
    Trump had both parents and he is a beta male. He is part of the reason to need a commercial such as this.

You think Trump is a beta male? Ummm....

far as I can tell beta/alpha means child/adult in the real world. He can be pretty childish

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

@Kasey said:

@dawgitimafan said:

@Kasey said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    Sure they may have had an appropriate message, not that I think it’s their job to give that message

But then they contradict it with stuff like this

I wanna get one of these outfits for my girlfriend...wonder if she’d go for it

They sell them at home Depot, blue can of spray paint and some stencils.

🤔 are you sure it’s not latex or pvc?

And you can choose your color...

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think secretly women enjoy being objectified. Its the ones that r not so hot that seem to have a problem with it. JMO 😎😎😎

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@BamaDawg said:

@benjaminwgregg said:
    I just think its funny how its the same people who call everyone snowflakes who flip out over a razor ad, a starbucks cup, or a kneeling quarterback

Funny how? Funny Haha or funny Hum? Is it funny that people have opinions about things that you may seem irrelevant?

What's funny is that 20 years ago no one would have given 2 sh..its about it. But unfortunately we are now living in a world where you almost have to choose sides on everything.

To me what's funny is that everyone can not see that.

We don’t see it because it’s a **** idea. I haven’t even bothered to watch this commercial. You really don’t have to take a side.

I haven't watched it either. And unfortunately I wasnt talking about taking a side with just this commercial.

• Options
    ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Stingray2112 said:

@BoroDawg said:
    Actually, I am a gentleman and a morally sound human being. I just think it’s incredibly wreckless and asinine for a razor company to say that any man who is masculine is a bully, rapist, and generally a bad person. Boys roughhouse because they’re boys and they’re trying to find their way and as long as no one is getting hurt, it shouldn’t be a problem. Seems to me that the problem is there are far too many men being raised by single mothers without a strong male presence and they grow up to be beta males.

I wonder how many player on our beloved UGA team were raised by single mothers. I suppose being raised by single moms makes you weak.

Unfortunately it does. Turns you into a beta Male.

• Options
    Steve_ZissouSteve_Zissou Posts: 307 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is how Conservatives raise their kids these days.
    Trump's America

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Steve_Zissou said:

Trump's America

No, not even close. I was raised to respect everyone and taught my sons the same. And I would never refer to the POTUS as a MF.

• Options

You're right. Probably taught hate like that from the liberal media.

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Steve_Zissou said:
    You're right. Probably taught hate like that from the liberal media.

Liberal or conservative views don’t define a person’s behavior; their actions do.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Steve_Zissou said:

Trump's America

So I guess it's fair to lump all liberals into the same mode as those that wear masks and hoods and riot when there is a speaker they dont like. I saw a video of a guy (could have been a girl) wearing mask, hit an old white guy wearing his Vietnam medals.

Does it rationalize what these kids did, no. But dont you dare group my sons into that category without even meeting them.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still want to stand by this story? This what the jump to conclusion internet lynchings will get you. A big ole foot in the mouth. Crap like this is why Trump won the presidency.

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“A white teenager from a Kentucky Catholic school wearing a Make America Great Again hat stood in the face of a Native American elder while he was surrounded by laughing and cheering classmates, many also wearing pro-Trump MAGA gear, during the Indigenous People’s Day March in Washington D.C. Friday.”

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“This is our reality. 2019. a swarm of young, unattended Trump supporters gathered to cause a scene, disrespect our cultures, and put fear into us,” the woman who filmed the video wrote on Instagram. “i was pushed and laughed at by teenage boys who grew up to believe their lives are more important than ours. they shouted things like “Gone in 2020” and mocked us. i am still in shock. i don’t know what to say other than that i’m sad and deeply shaken. this is our reality. 2019.”

• Options
    sauceddawgsauceddawg Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BigDawgEatin said:
    “A white teenager from a Kentucky Catholic school wearing a Make America Great Again hat stood in the face of a Native American elder while he was surrounded by laughing and cheering classmates, many also wearing pro-Trump MAGA gear, during the Indigenous People’s Day March in Washington D.C. Friday.”

you know I usually agree with u BDE but did you watch the whole video? Media threw us for a loop on that one I think

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@sauceddawg said:

@BigDawgEatin said:

you know I usually agree with u BDE but did you watch the whole video? Media threw us for a loop on that one I think

Even the Native American elder is walking back on the original story.
    But the fire is lit.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seems like BDE got caught up with some people suffering Trump Derangement Syndrome:

https://www.mediaite.com/online/journalists-and-celebs-rush-to-delete-tweets-slamming-maga-hat-kids/

Essentially it’s a he-said/she-said and we don’t really know what happened.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    Seems like BDE got caught up with some people suffering Trump Derangement Syndrome:

https://www.mediaite.com/online/journalists-and-celebs-rush-to-delete-tweets-slamming-maga-hat-kids/

Essentially it’s a he-said/she-said and we don’t really know what happened.

Everyone looks to be somewhat at fault. The initial video made it seem way more malicious than it was.

• Options

I stand by my statement
    This is how Cons raise their kids these days. Entitled and No respect for elders.
    My mom would whoop my behind if I got in the face of an older gentleman, especially Native American or Veteran.
    But this is Trumps America, it’s encouraged