Snowmaggedon 2019

BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has anyone seen the first flake at their house?

All of the Atlanta streets were salted and schools closed. I dont think temps were ever forecast to be below freezing prior to dusk.

Comments

• BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nothing in Zebulon. But our schools didn’t close. They probably will close for tomorrow though due to the ice.

• icebuddyicebuddy Posts: 482 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

In MN, we are closed through Wednesday. The windchill is expected to hit -50. They can't have kids at the bus stop, exposure for 5 minutes results in frostbite. Stay safe with the ice dawg fans.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@icebuddy said:
    In MN, we are closed through Wednesday. The windchill is expected to hit -50. They can't have kids at the bus stop, exposure for 5 minutes results in frostbite. Stay safe with the ice dawg fans.

We are simply not prepared for global warming.

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭ Junior

@icebuddy said:

School closed in Toledo Ohio today as well. Supposed to be 15 below with wind-chill near 40 below today into tomorrow. Glad I'm in Las Vegas right now.

• kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

lol

• sauceddawgsauceddawg Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior

lol it was 50 degrees this morning

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@icebuddy said:

LOL!!!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@icebuddy said:

I really really wanted to take the bait on this one...

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Living up here in the NE Georgia Mountains, I went to bed last night under a Winter Storm Warning with up to 3 inches of snow expected. I woke up this morning to a Winter Weather Advisory with up to an inch of snow....possible. It snowed for about 45 minutes at 37 degrees. Melted as soon as hit..... So much for enjoying a snow day with a fire and a hot toddy, well I'm still going to do a fire and have a cocktail. Snow or no snow....

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    Living up here in the NE Georgia Mountains, I went to bed last night under a Winter Storm Warning with up to 3 inches of snow expected. I woke up this morning to a Winter Weather Advisory with up to an inch of snow....possible. It snowed for about 45 minutes at 37 degrees. Melted as soon as hit..... So much for enjoying a snow day with a fire and a hot toddy, well I'm still going to do a fire and have a cocktail. Snow or no snow....

If you put much faith in weather folks, it could drive you to drink, alot.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nothing crazy yet here in middle TN. Wish it would. Snow work pays good money.

• donmdonm Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Supposed to be 33F tomorrow for our Wed AM workout. Had to cancel it and reschedule it - not used to this in Gainesville, FL or G2 as I call it.

@gdawg4life said:

Grew up in south Georgia. Would hear "Georgia red clay" comments and wonder what are they talking about. Now know after uga stint

• MountainDawgMountainDawg Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

Was suppose to get 3 inches in my area. We ended up with 1/2 to 1 inch. Still have a dusting but only in shaded areas.

• DawgLinkDawgLink Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Why are meteorologists not held accountable? Laughing at the predictions

• donmdonm Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 29

@DawgLink said:

What do you suggest for inaccurate predictions ?

@donm said:

@DawgLink said:

Well, stef Abrams is a gator so she should have to Call the Dawgs and so should the dude that's an Auburn fan on TWC

• DawgLinkDawgLink Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

@donm said:

@DawgLink said:

It’s not my field of expertise so I don’t have a say. I realize that due to their predictions that events occurred as far a school closings etc and no accountability

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Never believe when they say it’s gonna. Be prepared when they don’t.